Urban Football Myths

Id imagine there are people interested in it, there’d be more people at a decent senior hurling game than watching 22 knackers spit at each other in Dalymount Id imagine.

228 saw the dubs in hurling championship last year

You’re funny…! Whats stick hurling? Is it the same as hurling?

If so, shur there’s shitloads of kids playing hurling up in Dublin, its astonishing the amount of youngsters I see going aroung with hurleys and helmets. Fair play, lot of work being done, fair wedge coming down from on high to do it too.

There’s a huge interest in hurling in Dublin nowadays, surely you’re aware of that? I was at the Leinster U21 hurling final last year in Parnell Park and it was packed out. The pitch was thronged at half time with young fellas and young girls hurling balls, tremendous to see youngsters playing their national sport.

Thats fair enough if there’s no GAA on and its a National Game, or even a Heineken Cup game. Its an Irish team playing after all. Nothing wrong with putting it top of the news there.

[quote=“myboyblue”]You’re funny…! Whats stick hurling? Is it the same as hurling?

If so, shur there’s shitloads of kids playing hurling up in Dublin, its astonishing the amount of youngsters I see going aroung with hurleys and helmets. Fair play, lot of work being done, fair wedge coming down from on high to do it too.

There’s a huge interest in hurling in Dublin nowadays, surely you’re aware of that? I was at the Leinster U21 hurling final last year in Parnell Park and it was packed out. The pitch was thronged at half time with young fellas and young girls hurling balls, tremendous to see youngsters playing their national sport.[/quote]

not according to the ESRI or the CSO
Fingal has been lost to stick Hurling im afraid

What game was this? The exception rather the rule Id imagine. How many were at the Tipp and Dublin games last year? The Wexford ones this year?

Id say there was more Dubs in Pairc Ui Chaoimh this July than there were at any Pats/Bohs/Scumrock Rovers games this season.

[quote=“Rubber Johnny”]What game was this? The exception rather the rule Id imagine. How many were at the Tipp and Dublin games last year? The Wexford ones this year?

Id say there was more Dubs in Pairc Ui Chaoimh this July than there were at any Pats/Bohs/Scumrock Rovers games this season.[/quote]

the CSO clearly shows that more people in Dublin like basketball than stick hurling

[quote=“north county corncrake”]not according to the ESRI or the CSO
Fingal has been lost to stick Hurling im afraid[/quote]

What is stick hurling? Maybe you’re doing it wrong?

This Fingal you speak of has a hurling team I believe, is that the same as stick hurling? A

a rural game similar to trout tickling but with a sectarian element

[quote=“myboyblue”]What is stick hurling? Maybe you’re doing it wrong?

This Fingal you speak of has a hurling team I believe, is that the same as stick hurling? A[/quote]

yes fingal has a team but how many senior stick hurling teams in fingal?

Never heard of it? To be honest, I think I’m wrong to be commenting on this stick hurling sport you’re talking about, as I’m only really familiar with hurling.

It’d be like me commenting on Rugby League, I just dont know anything about it I’m afraid.

Like I said, I want to talk to you, I want try communicate with your kind about this stick hurling game you speak of, but I just cant do so because I really dont know the game you’re referring to.

I believe Fingal has a number of hurling teams and Clubs, but as for stick hurilng, I’m not so sure. Is it something to do with cricket perhaps, is there much cricket out in Fingal?

[quote=“myboyblue”]Never heard of it? To be honest, I think I’m wrong to be commenting on this stick hurling sport you’re talking about, as I’m only really familiar with hurling.

It’d be like me commenting on Rugby League, I just dont know anything about it I’m afraid.

Like I said, I want to talk to you, I want try communicate with your kind about this stick hurling game you speak of, but I just cant do so because I really dont know the game you’re referring to.

I believe Fingal has a number of hurling teams and Clubs, but as for stick hurilng, I’m not so sure. Is it something to do with cricket perhaps, is there much cricket out in Fingal?[/quote]

how many senior stick hurling clubs do they have & how many fingalians on the team rather than rural migrants?sweet fcuk all

cricket is popular in fingal - more of a fingal game than stick hurling

The CSO also thinks Im from Equatrorial Guinea.

You’d know well lots of Dub scumbags are getting thick that hurling is getting very popular.

Whats the average gate at a LOI game?

[quote=“Rubber Johnny”]The CSO also thinks Im from Equatrorial Guinea.

You’d know well lots of Dub scumbags are getting thick that hurling is getting very popular.

Whats the average gate at a LOI game?[/quote]

stick hurling is far from popular in dublin- most teams need the muldoons to fill the teams

rovers average gate is 10 times what the dubs stick hurling team gets

I wouldnt doubt it, shur I’ve never heard of stick hurling in my life! And I’d be a very well read gentleman I’ll have you know. Doesnt surprise me that a minority sport like Cricket would be far more popular than a sport someone as well read as me has never heard of.

is someone making a run for iotm ??

[quote=“north county corncrake”]how many senior stick hurling clubs do they have & how many fingalians on the team rather than rural migrants?sweet fcuk all

cricket is popular in fingal - more of a fingal game than stick hurling[/quote]

I’m sorry but why are we giving a fuck about Fingal? Does the world still revolve around Dublin/Fingal for you?

i think so but its hard to diffrenciate one rural GGA man from another

went to see syls play vincents last night - way more country voices than dubs in the crowd & a good bunch of muldoon playing - & this is the popular football not even hurling - unfortunately large swathes of dublin has no interest in gaelic games

i am sure if you went around dublin you would find large swathes of it that have no interest in politics, rugby, soccer, current affairs and interest rates etc…

so whats your point…some people in dublin don’t like gaa…so what?