US Politics - A Society in Meltdown

He’s only gone and fired James Comey.

1 Like

Is it naive to say that the Republicans couldn’t possibly stand for this?

1 Like

Trump is a gas man.

Yes.

When I posted in the UK affairs thread about lunatic reactionaries who bring the whole thing crashing down, this is what I was talking about. Getting into four ordinances territory here.

Sesions recused himself from the Russia investigation.

Yet it was Sessions who recommended the firing of the man who is leading the investigation into Russia, according to Trump’s letter? :smile:

That second paragraph is something else. It’s like a cartoon.

1 Like

I hope Arnold Schwarzenegger has something to say about it.

Any bookies giving odds on Noirin O’Sullivan replacing Comey?

Trump is getting trolled by the Nixon Library. :smile:

Another job for Jared or Ivanka. Poor sods. Cleaning up an old man’s mess before he’s even in diapers.

1 Like

Comey found out he had been sacked as he was speaking to FBI employees in Los Angeles and a TV in the background flashed the news on screen.

IComey was put into a ridiculous position by Obama and never recovered from it. The job of the FBI is to investigate and make recommendations to the DOJ. An investigation as big as the Clinton email issue needs to be ruled on by the AG. Unfortunately Loretta Lynch ruled herself out by meeting with Bill Clinton the day before Hillary’s testimony to the FBI.

Instead of delegating the decision to her deputy AG, Lynch delegates to Comey, an unprecedented move and one that put him in an impossible position. An FBI director who was looking at working for president to be Clinton should never have been put in that position. The press conference he held to explain why Clinton wasn’t being prosecuted was an absolute

Having said that, Trump imo is wrong to fire him, he should have waited until the congress finish their investigation. He likely doesn’t give a shit as the FBI director serves at his discretion.

Who does Putin like as Comey’s successor?

2 Likes

Putin has served his purpose pal, he’s a nobody now.

If Trump is able to just shrug this one off then we are moving into very dangerous territory

1 Like

Trump will be gone within a year.

Oh what? Trump was using Putin and now discards him like a soiled Kleenex? I don’t really think that’s the case mate.

:astonished: