US Politics - A Society in Meltdown

You’re getting yourself worked up into a frenzy.

I think it was Owen Jones who said nobody died over the laying of a wreath at terrorist grave, nobody has died here at Trump being uncouth.

Go outside and get some vitamin D.

See, there you go again, belittling racist scumbaggery.

That makes you a scumbag and a racism apologist.

You bang on about racism a lot for a fella who likes to make chinky jokes about Asian golfers. Everyone is a little bit racist. It’s not a black and white issue.

Defending the systematic vilification of racial and ethnic minorities as @Tim_Riggins and @anon7035031 is not a little bit racist.

See @anon7035031’s justification of Israeli state terror as well as his constant rhetoric against Muslims and constant defence of Trump’s vilification of minorities.

He especially is the type of fella that if he’d been in 1960s Alabama would have been out protesting against blacks not sitting at the back of the bus.

Jews are one of the smallest racial and ethnic minorities in the Middle East, and are surrounded by countries who fervently desire to kill all of them. Why is your support for minorities so selective? Do you hate Jews so much you would like to see the Nazi’s vision completed?

Unlike you, I don’t have a single problem with Jews, pal. Why would I, much of the intellectual basis of left-wing political thought was provided by Jews and the contribution they’ve made to intellectual thought worldwide has been incomparable.

I have a problem with Israel, because Israel is a murderous colonial, imperial regime.

Strangely enough, that murderous colonial regime thing seems to be the thing you admire about them by far the most.

The only Jew you admire mate is Karl Marx, whose ideology led to more suffering, starvation, misery and murder than any in history.

Over 80% of Jews live in Israel and the US, and the great majority support the state of Israel. Some may have issues with the heavy handed approach in dealing with the Palestinian issue, but all support the right of Israel to exist and defend itself.

Only left wing nutters, mainly in Europe, denounce Israel while appeasing Islamic terrorists and countries who’s stated goal is to destroy Israel and kill all Jews. That’s the side you are on mate, those that desire genocide.

1 Like

More incoherent sub-Hannity-esque fucknuttery from the forum’s resident racism, imperialism and colonialism-loving whack job.

I don’t take lessons from people who have proved themselves to be cut from the same cloth as those who defended Bloody Sunday, Sharpeville and Amritsar and idolised Baruch Goldstein, thanks very much.

Whose.

Wow. That line is actually the truest thing she’s ever said.

In other news it might rain tomorrow. There’s nothing to see here ffs and I’ve referred to plenty of women as dogs over the years as have most men I know.

Were the times you referred to women as dogs part of official US Presidential statements?

1 Like

@Tim_Riggins
@anon7035031
@Enrique

If a tape emerges in which Trump calls a black person the n word, how much support do you think it would cost him?

I don’t think such a tape will emerge, mate, so I wouldn’t like to speculate. There’s been a lot of speculation on the gaa thread for which people have been hammered.

I think Trump has figured out there’s a correlation between the words he uses against his adversaries and his approval ratings. He was pretty tame early on, “crazy” Joe Biden, "“crooked” Hillary, etc. About six months ago it got ramped up to “slimeball” and “dope”, and most recently “lowlife” and “dog”.

All the while his approval ratings are increasing.

I blame social media.

Any chance of an answer to the question, chaps?

If the tape existed, it likely would have been released by now. The source of the allegation isn’t exactly reliable, given her propensity for unethical behavior and the fact she is hawking a book.

In answer to your hypothetical question:

If Trump is heard calling a black person the n word, it would definitely cost him support. How much would depend on who the black person was, for example if it were a black serial killer probably not much lost support, Obama a lot, etc.

If Trump used the “nigga” word in conversation as a private citizen, and not directed at a black person, then not much would be made of it. The word “nigga” is actually pretty common in the US. I’ve been called it several times this week alone, and I am no blacker than @anon61956325.

Not much. Sure they didn’t vote for him anyway.

If we are speculating, I think it would be very damaging regardless of whom it was directed at or the context.
There isn’t any defensible reason why he should use the word and a lot of previous mud that looked unfairly thrown at him according to his base (him being branded a racist constantly) would now not seem like a witch hunt and the media would destroy him on this, to which he would have zero comeback.

People need to realise the difference between nigga and nigger…a bit if hip hop would explain it cc @The_Most_Infamous @caulifloweredneanderthal

2 Likes