US Politics - A Society in Meltdown

In your head you’re in Lyon collaborating with Klaus Barbie, you utter head the ball

And in terms of intellect you’re on a par with a Barbie doll

I think it’s very interesting how on every single story brought up about US politics since 2015, @anon7035031 has taken the Trump/Fox News line verbatim

And again, right on cue, he’s openly defending open criminality which if committed by any other president would have resulted in them being utterly destroyed forever

Other presidents didn’t have scientologist-like cults behind them, though

James O’Brien had a tweet this morning which I think aptly describes the journey a lot of people have taken towards extremism:

Brexit has broken everything. Today, having fallen four years ago for some harmless guff about blue passports and sovereignty, Brexiters are defending a PM who insulted the grieving friends of a murdered MP in a parliament that he shut down unlawfully."

But even that sort of toxicity is comparatively harmless stuff in comparison to our alcoholic taco chef friend

It doesn’t explain @anon7035031, because he started off trying to justify not only Trump’s demand for institutionalised sectarianism and racism in terms of official US policy, but the actual banning of all Islam

Then there was his support for torture and the use of nuclear weapons

There is really nowhere else you can go from there, except maybe industrialised mass slaughter, and given that his stated policy as regards Palestine is to drive the Palestinians out of their homeland, that doesn’t seem such a leap at all in what he wants

The thing about white supremacist racists is that shaming people who actually glory in being such doesn’t work

@anon7035031 is very much one of those

He is the real deal in terms of dangerous ideas - an out an out fascist who desires a return to the 1930s

That’s unarguable

The whistleblower’s complaint was absolutely on the money and that was proved by the limited summary the utter simpleton Trump released which he thought would clear him but instead demonstrated to all his shameless corruption

Funny how you’ve no problem with threatening execution against people, isn’t it

The Trumpbots and the Brexiteer crackpots are going all in now, the threats of violence and death are coming thick and fast

It was obvious to anybody with a brain in 2015 what all this was and I called it correctly right from the start

This sums up what is probably the number one problem not just with US media but with most media in the English speaking world in general

It’s a problem you will not hear voiced from the usual suspects on this forum

1 Like

What’s unarguable is that in the 1930s you would have been institutionalized and probably in a straight jacket to prevent injury to yourself and others.

1 Like

That’s a very lame comeback

All this insanity from you started in late 2015

Because you exist in such a bubble, you literally could not believe that anybody would see through the total bullshit you were talking

Right from response one the anger, arrogance and hate flowed out of you

That bullshit was steadily exposed to paint a clear picture of an utter psychopath

On this forum, you may have a small clique of trolls and brain dead morons like @Enrique who hang on your every word because they themselves are sad, needy, hateful little scumbags whose only avenue for their hate is here - and most normal posters find it too exhausting trying to engage with your utterly endless stream of psychopathic nonsense

But in the real world in this country, where fascism has not taken hold, the majority think very much like me, and not like you

And you know that, and it hurts you deeply that you’re laughed to scorn everywhere you go in Ireland

That’s probably why you end up traipsing around deserted country roads on your own in the dead of night looking for pubs that aren’t open

@anon7035031 provides a invaluable insight into US Politics. A top class contributor

1 Like

Nobody thinks like you mate, that’s in your head. You’re a sad hateful little baldy entering middle age who has accomplished nothing and whose life has passed them by. Lashing out is your only solace, so sad to see.

Your hatred for anyone who is successful and content in their life is palpable. It’s the typical hate shown by useless cunts on the hard left, always blaming others for their misery.

You should be thanking me as I am one of the very few who bothers to engage with you here, you would have descended into total madness long ago were it not for me.

1 Like

Not just US politics and US affairs in general, but I also provide a great service in critiquing the country of my birth and holding up a mirror to the insular Micks who never left the country save the odd trip to a football stadium on the mainland.

1 Like

You have your finger on the pulse

1 Like

You really are running out of ideas aren’t you

It’s absolutely hilarious to see you whinging like a bitch about people “lashing out” given that you, of any single poster on this site, have the worst record for deranged ad hominem lashings out at people, as you do again in the above

And then when you get a bit a bit back, you shriek like a banshee

Given that it’s obvious you’re well into old age at this point, you have a hell of lot more to worry about in the fat, balding stakes than I do, especially when your “understanding” of politics comes from watching Fox News while sprawled out on a sofa wearing a cape, slabbering over the contents of a tin of spray cheese

You’re the ultimate give it but can’t take it merchant

I have a full head of hair mate, the envy of my contemporaries and indeed many of yours.

But you’re right, let’s not dwell on the negatives. It’s a beautiful sunny afternoon here and we have Thursday night football to look forward.

Enjoy your night. I’m here for you whenever you want to vent.

new as in lower and BoBo follows the trend.

Corrupt politics & politicians isn’t anything new. Nor is this this corrupt populism … but history tells us exactly where corrupt populism leads.

Where does Blair , ahern , and Bill Clinton fit in here ?

As long as we have elections there is hope.

The problem is the gravy train and staying on it is all that matters to most politicians of any flavor. That’s why corruption in every level of government is never addressed because politicians benefit most from the status quo.

The general public is waking up though. Populism isn’t a bad thing inherently if it is channeled properly. Maybe we have to go though a Trump and a Boris to get there.

For me, all corrupt politicians in their own way. Ahern I honestly don’t know enough about. Blair & Clinton for me are similar. Egotists, loving to be acclaimed as substantial historical figures. For me Trump & Johnson don’t care about legacy. It’s the here and now. Psychopathic behaviour.

1 Like

The Clintons were the most corrupt in modern US history at least. They left office supposedly penniless, their foundation raised billions, and they are now worth about $200M. All coincidental I’m sure. The foundation has now essentially disappeared.

“Psychopathic behavior “

They are relatively harmless on that score compared to certain predecessors .

The New York Times really does seem determined to ruin its reputation in a pathetic effort to suck up to Trump