US Politics - A Society in Meltdown

The Open Skies treaty was to monitor and co-ordinate against Russian attacks

Trump has dropped any pretence that he not is a Russian asset

At least as far as people who don’t live in a fantasy version of reality are concerned

Time is rapidly running out

The Russian to do list must get done

Uh huh

He’s only saying that after betraying the Kurds to the Turks because even some of his staunchest allies are saying WTF are you at today

Oh i know and its a despicable act from the cunt. that piss tape is shaping world and will be responsible for countless innocent deaths…but this tweet and the second one are just batshit crazy. His brain is cooked from years of stimulant abuse.

“In my great and unmatched wisdom” Christ above

1 Like

Bar Joe Biden, every leading Democratic candidate is committed to withdrawing all troops form the ME.

Progressives have to make up their minds, US foreign interventions are either a good thing or a bad thing, it can’t be both. You can’t call for bringing the troops home and then fake outrage when your political rival suggests bringing them home.

Agree Trump is completely mad to withdraw troops at this time.

1 Like

One of the problems with the INTERNET is that some posters adopt ludicrously black and white positions like this in an effort to come across as if they know what they are talking about, when they don’t

To follow the above “point” through, the poster is saying that one cannot think that US intervention in World War II was necessary, without also thinking that the invasion of Iraq in 2003 was necessary, and every other US invasion or “intervention” in history too

It must have sounded so clever to the poster when he wrote it

I don’t think I have to elaborate any further to demonstrate the sheer ludicrousness of this “point”

Also, Trump’s withdrawal was not an intervention, it was a disintervention

A disintervention which has paved the way for genocide (what is the Turks’ historical record as regards committing genocide, does anybody know)

People are already dying as a result

But Putin will be very happy, and that’s the main thing

But hey, “progressives” are apparently the real problem here

That rabbit hole gets ever deeper…

1 Like

Liz and Bernie want to bring all troops home immediately.
Is that good or bad foreign policy?
Careful what you ask for.

Sadly nuance is completely and utterly lost on you

You forgot to type “but Obama”

I do love how you’ve immediately pigeonholed yourself right into the exact position I expected you to

“I support bringing our troops home from Syria,” Warren tweeted. “But President Trump’s reckless and unplanned withdrawal undermines both our partners and our security. We need a strategy to end this conflict, not a president who can be swayed by one phone call.”

You’re all over the shop :joy:

My positions on US foreign policy are perfectly consistent.

I supported bombing the shit out of Al Qaeda in Afghanistan.
I opposed the Iraq war.
I supported destroying ISIS.
I oppose Trump’s withdrawal from Syria.

Liz and Bernie look a bit foolish and naive with their all troops home immediately jargon. Foreign policy is real easy until you are actually responsible for it.

Indeed and I think most would agree it’s a good idea in general. It’s more an issue of how you do it though isn’t it mate.

No consultation with regional allies or even major allies like the UK & France who may have to pick up the slack in the area and end up guarding ISIS camps that are currently being managed by the Kurds.
A load of ISIS types will end up escaping now. It’s almost inevitable and who knows where they’ll turn up.
A literally overnight decision made on a whim with no backing from anyone. The mans deranged and he’s getting more and more dangerous

1 Like

Trying to appear as if you have a clue what you’re talking about is a terrible strategy for you

You just consistently end up simultaneously saying two completely contradictory things

A lot of people now claim to have opposed the Iraq War :grin:

A lot of people also claim to have been in Thomond Park on October 31st, 1978

It’s very nice to see @Julio_Geordio taking the end of the world seriously for once.

So you agree with me, that’s good to see.

My point is that foreign policy is easy when you are in opposition. It’s easy for Bernie and Liz to say cut the military budget in half and brings all troops home immediately, but as Obama found out disengaging from the region is a quagmire in itself.

Speaking of allies, isn’t it time for European NATO members to take the lead here? Isn’t Turkey a member of NATO and supposedly an ally? Shouldn’t France, the UK etc. be putting the squeeze on Turkey? or must Uncle Sam always be expected to come to the rescue?

1 Like

Hillary up to #4 in the betting for the 2020 Democratic nominee.

https://www.predictit.org/markets/detail/3633/Who-will-win-the-2020-Democratic-presidential-nomination

TFK’s resident conspiracy theorist makes a jackass of himself once again.

Sure he was :laughing:

Red meat for slack jawed redneck simpletons like you who have a long record of believing the tallest tales imaginable, as long as it fits with their preconceived white supremacist narrative

Defamation law is very strict in Texas.

I’ve forwarded your libelous post to the Dallas PD, @Rocko should expect to be contacted shortly.

Oh look, yet another self-styled freeze peach warrior wants to silence others

A bit like the Dallas Police, eh

The American way

The first amendment does not protect defamation. No surprise this doesn’t matter to you, as you are a lowlife scumbag who has a history of smearing fellow posters and defaming public figures.

One can only assume the admins allow your “edgy humour” out of naivety, a decision they will regret sooner rather than later I suspect.

1 Like