US Presidential Election 2016: Sidney's Victory Lap

Would he though? Sanders is ideologically scary to many Americans in a way that Clinton is not. Clinton is just personally unlikable, but essentially in line with the orthodox Washington position on most issues. Sanders vs Trump would have been a full on ideological war. That’s something that is going to happen anyway of course, but maybe it would be better for younger (in Sanders’ case) and saner (in Trump’s case) figures to fight it. I hope Sanders passes the mantle to someone rather than attempt to be the main man himself beyond 2016. He’s charismatic but just too old. While a Trump victory would be an incredible event, the real big one is 2020. You get the feeling this is just the beginning.

Regarding the polls, it’s interesting to see the same pattern repeat itself for the third time now in the 538 model: http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/?ex_cid=rrpromo

Looking at it a few weeks back it looked like there wasn’t enough time left for Trump to close the gap for a third time. It still looks that way, but it’s conceivable that it’s Clinton who will get caught on the wrong side of the swing.

“The truth is with David Duke and Alex Jones.” :laughing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riORrTYQrdU

Make America great again.

She looks hot.
(Maybe an inappropriate phrase)

The whole ‘if we win it’s fair, if we lose it’s rigged’ shtick is straight out of Mourinho’s playbook.

1 Like

Self proclaimed feminist in support of Hillary Clinton shocker.

The KKK endorsing Trump and black churches being burned is probably a bigger issue.

1 Like

last few days/week means f-all. People have decided. The winning & losing is done, we just don’t have the result yet.

2 Likes

I cant see him win the numbers do not stock up

There has been a huge surge in the number of illegal aliens attempting to get into the homeland before the election.

They heard there might be work building a big wall.

1 Like

Apparently O’Bama has signed up to do a run of ads with Matress Mick once the election is over.

I think you’ll find it means quite a lot in a close election.

And it’s only a close election because of the last week.

This election is like a Tipp v Clare All Ireland . You want neither to win and both to lose.

5 Likes

I would agree most people have decided by now who they would vote for. The remaining question, which will decide things, is how many will actually vote. There are about 40% of US votes who identify as independents. Now most of them might lean Democrat or Republican, but they are not that committed to either party, and with both candidates being so unpopular, a lot of them might not bother voting.

If will come down to a small number of states and the turnout in those states. It’s by no means over but Clinton definitely has the easier paths to victory.

CBS News (not Fox News) are reporting that the FBI have found emails relating to Clinton’s tenure as Sec of State that were not previously handed over. Not duplicates, never seen before emails.

Bret Baier (of Fox News) is reporting that the investigation into the Clinton Foundation is nearing an indictment. Obviously have to consider the source.

The noose is tightening.

Bret has subsequently come out and said his comments were misinterpreted. She is not nearing an indictment. Other parts of the process must be completed first.

I wonder if Trump surrogates Labane, ProjectX and their likes will be online 10pm EST 11/08/16. These cavemen won’t be too happy with a vagina in charge.

I like the cut of your jib there @maroonandpink
Tell us, are you a member of the LGBTI and whatever you’re having yourself community?