US Presidential Election 2016: Sidney's Victory Lap

Did he place a Presidential decree on the list never being expanded upon?

Trump need to act with immediacy to stem the tide, he used the information that was readily available.

1 Like

Morning.

Iā€™m over a thousand posts behind, can someone brief me on whatā€™s going on & who is @Sidney defeating in the argument.

Tis an awful pity he didnā€™t have the past 2 months to do a wikipedia search.

Some lad/Republican stooge thinks Obama is responsible for Trumpā€™s actions.

Paul Ryan?

Heā€™s a civil servant now mate, he only ā€œworksā€ when heā€™s on the clock.

True, he did say when he was inaugurated that he couldnā€™t wait to get to work Monday morning. Thats a quick indoctrination.

I asked you to point out the moaning in that post, not in the past. You donā€™t seem to understand the past and present tense it seem.

Good to see youā€™re admitting you were wrong on CNN though. :clap:

@Tim_Riggins

What do you think of Trumpā€™s first week in charge? Do you support his policies?

Looks like that sly old dog Theresa May has thrown a hospital pass to Borisā€¦

https://twitter.com/owenjbennett/status/826036759427432448

George hook backing trump to the hilt on the radio here. Some Scottish gimp on saying they understand trump because of his Scottish heritage and wants to build bridges. Not sure if its a man or a woman but hook is destroying them. Is Sidney Scottish??

Heā€™s doing what he said he would, more or less.

Do you support his actions?

Did I support him during the election?

Thereā€™s your answer so.

Do I support how theyā€™ve gone about certain things like the immigration ban, no, but no administration is going to get everything right.

Thereā€™s making mistakes and then thereā€™s being ham-fisted, it doesnā€™t augur well for the future if this is how he is going to carry on. Heā€™s been a shambles so far.

1 Like

Trump did in fact do a large amount of Wikipedia searches over the last two months, but they were all for ā€œDonald Trumpā€.

Thatā€™s exactly the same type of stuff that you have been moaning about for the last year - calling it the ā€œClinton News Networkā€, and the ā€œliberal mediaā€.

It would be a rather large shift of position for you to now not think that. [quote=ā€œTim_Riggins, post:5198, topic:19437ā€]
Good to see youā€™re admitting you were wrong on CNN though. :clap:
[/quote]

I find CNN, and wider US political journalism in general, to be far too deferential towards politicians.

And if thereā€™s one politician that needs to be treated with the opposite of deference, itā€™s Trump.

Is the immigration ban not tough enough for you?

Is it cloaked in too much euphemism and thus a ā€œcuckā€ policy?

Remember, you supported Trumpā€™s call for a ban on Muslims.

Do you support his support for torture?

Do you support his gagging of the EPA?

Do you support his executive order to go ahead with Dakota pipeline and destroy Native American land and burial grounds?

Do you support his promise to order to launch an investigation into voter fraud in the election based on no evidence?

Do you support his and his advisorsā€™ attempts to clamp down on a free press?

Do you support his blatant lies over the crowds at the inauguration?

Do you support the wall?

Do you support repealing the health insurance of 22 million people?

Do you support Theresa Mayā€™s lapdog act towards him?

Do you support his promises to loosen environmental regulations for car manufacturers?

Do you support his ramping up of tensions with China?

Do you support a prospective trade war with Mexico?

BBC World Service journalist Ali Hamedani has described how he was detained at Chicagoā€™s Oā€™Hare airport and interrogated for more than two hours following a travel ban on people from seven Muslim majority countries travelling into the USA.

Hamedani is a British citizen but was born in Iran. He has not been able to go back since 2009 because he works for the BBC and does not have an Iranian passport. He was detained this evening by American border agents having flown in from London Heathrow on a trip to Los Angeles.

He told 5 liveā€™s Stephen Nolan: ā€œThey took away my phone and started searching my Twitter account looking to find out my political views. I was also asked questions like if I had been training with the military in Iran.ā€

"I couldnā€™t convince the guy because he kept asking me about why Iā€™m entering the country with a British passport, not an Iranian passport. I told the guy I donā€™t have that Iranian passport anymore."

ā€œI was arrested back home in Iran in 2009 because I was working for the BBC. It felt the same this time.ā€

This clip is originally from Stephen Nolan on Sunday 29 January 2017