US Presidential Election 2024 - here comes Kamabla

Dancing on his grave

1 Like

Theyā€™re not the lads youā€™d want beside you in the trenches.

2 Likes

He was the man for the job. And then, immediately, he wasnā€™t.

4 Likes

Iā€™m officially changing my prediction. I think Kamala has gotten a bounce but thatā€™s it. I also think she was undone all the damage Trump did with the VP pick by messing her own up just as bad. I think Trump will edge it

Perfectly reasonable point of view.

3 Likes

Iā€™ll tell you what though- for an incompetent dottery old codger, he fair took the wind out of the obamas sails when he nominated harris. The ultimate ā€˜fuck youā€™. Iā€™d say Pelosi spat out her false teeth when she heard

This is the same Europe that has had Brexit, National Rally, AfF, Orban etc?

The one that has had far more issues with clashes over migration than some set piece drama at the Mexican border?

I think itā€™s been proven how than the Donald is a bit of a once off. His anointed candidates have underperformed. People attempt his style but come off badly. Indeed we are already seeing that now that he isnā€™t as sharp that his own attacks arenā€™t cutting through. Maybe itā€™s because it got too easy with Biden going senile, maybe it is the shooting, maybe it is his own ageā€¦just not seeing it.

Heā€™ll get quite a few traditional Blue votes.

Even if you actively hate Walz and consider him to be the devil (Iā€™ve no idea why you would) there doesnā€™t seem to be any objective basis for this statement.

The reaction to Walz being picked has been extremely positive and he seems to be exactly what the Harris campaign needs to continue building momentum. Heā€™s a very good public speaker whose message connects in the gut and the heart, and the Republicans have fuck all to attack him with.

Whereas Vance is the most unpopular VP pick of all time.

Heā€™s worse than Quayle and Palin which is some achievement

4 Likes

I think she messed up not picking Shapiro. If she loses Pennsylvania sheā€™s in trouble.

I always thought anyone half decent would surely beat Trump.

I was wondering what your basis was for thinking Walz was bad. He seems objectively good on every metric. You think the other guy just because heā€™s from one swing state? Theyā€™re looking like winning all the swing states now sure.

Theyā€™re locked in a dead heat according to the latest Ipsos poll. Trump tends to perform better than how he polls too. Thereā€™s 19 electoral college votes available in Pennsylvania. It will be hard for either side to win the election after losing Pennsylvania

I thought she did too but Shapiro is a Jew and obviously very pro Israel. Sheā€™d loose too much of the younger vote. But the way itā€™s panning out , moderate republicans who would probably not have bothered voting now see an alternative to Trump

Fair enough. I gave up paying attention to American politics really, I think itā€™s a fucked up country. But it seems to me the dial has shifted sharply in the Dems direction and Iā€™d things maintaining in that direction. They seem well set up now to show the other two weirdos up for what they are.

If she had picked Shapiro she would have dampened enthusiasm for the campaign quite significantly I think. If your face donā€™t fit it donā€™t fit. The Shapiro winning PA thing was a construct. Politics really doesnā€™t work like that.

Iā€™m actually astonished at how well the Harris campaign has been run so far. Itā€™s almost like they have had no time to think and that has been a massive benefit to them. Itā€™s like a GAA team who has played shite for 65 minutes, they bring on a sub, get a snap goal, and suddenly the game shifts entirely on its axis and they shoot the lights out. Like Offaly against Limerick in 1994.

2 Likes

I was going to give that a like up until the 94 reference.

Itā€™s almost like they knew Biden would need to withdraw long ago.,

Trumps campaign looks a little caught on the hop. They must have known this was a possibility yet they seem to be very flat-footed.

I still maintain Kamala isnā€™t a great candidate and could well botch a few interviews/debates. Maintaining this bounce will be difficult.

On the PA thing, thatā€™s true. But it would have bolstered the chances a lot.

Trump is probly gonna make the worlds biggest ever tit of himself in the next few months, laughing stock of the world
But the headbangers will still support him, and thereā€™s plenty of them, and the silly college electoral system will mean itā€™s gonna be a dogfight

3 Likes