Useless cagers and annoying habits

hopefully he gives her a good apprenticeshipā€¦

Here comes my mini-rant that some may find offensive. We may have a high death count on the roads, but by the numbers of cars on the roads/drivers we actually have a fantastic record, 1 which most Countries would be proud of. Drink driving was a major issue a few years back, now itā€™s under control, the only people that drink drive now are people who will always do it no matter what is done to counteract it. Rarely are people killed on motor/dualcarraige ways doing 120km/hr, they are killed doing 60 on some side road either where no one else is involved or meet some head on, this unfortunetly is always going to happen.

By all means continue to try to improve road safetly, but you have to realise that maybe the reason that person took that chance was cause they were so annoied at the person that held them up down the road.

Also, I would be alarmed of the number of single person road fatalities that are actually sucides, I know of at least 2 that were suicides but the family didnā€™t want to acknowledge it

Sure heā€™ll be grand, she wonā€™t know any better

[quote=ā€œClaremanā€]
Also, I would be alarmed of the number of single person road fatalities that are actually sucides, I know of at least 2 that were suicides but the family didnā€™t want to acknowledge it[/quote]

I think there was at least 10 of these in Wexford alone last year. All similar circumstances in the middle of the night.

The stats are unbelievable that they put together, I remember a story of a man that fell down on the street of a heart attack, he showed up in the stats in Ennis as a road death

It was something I noticed a lot more of when I came back to Ireland, when you hear of road fatalities, it was often accompanied by ā€˜single car accident in the early hours of the morningā€™. Its a very common factor in Ireland. I know of a few lads who were killed that way, and it was nearly always drink related, either coming home from a night out or going to a house party or something.

On this website, I doubt it

[quote=ā€œGmanā€]Covered a good bit already on these boards, and it is a real pet hate of mine (and of may more here too, especially farmer). But I think all those useless cunts on the roads out there deserve a thread of their own to parade their own idiocy.

Share you stories of idiots on the road, close calls, unbelievable manoueveres, get it off your chest if some cunt ran you off the road.

One thing I hate about drivers in this country is that the majority of them havent a clue how to use roundabouts.

Also, what prompted me to start this thread, why does putting your hazard lights on mean you can just park the car wherever you want. Oh, I need to stop on a busy road, I know, Iā€™ll put my hazard lights on and itā€™ll be ok. Idiots.

I was in New Ross and the streets there are real shit, narrow one way streets through the town. What does the dickhead in front do? Stops at an ATM, puts on the hazard lights and queues up to get out money. Right in the middle of the street. There was a line of cars behind, and everyone was blowing their horns, yer man just turning his head and trying to ignore them. I was getting pissed off so I got out of the car and made shapes to go to his. that got a reaction out of him anyway and he shouting hey hey at me. I told him to move his fucking car or I will, a very idle threat from me as I had no intention of moving his car or doing anything at all. He moved it anyway, the clown, and parked in a space about 200 yards up the street.[/quote]

I know it makes me sound like a bitter, angry man (I am) but that post there has just described most of the cause of my daily stress.

The hazard lights. Oh Christ!

[quote=ā€œfarmerinthecityā€]I know it makes me sound like a bitter, angry man (I am) but that post there has just described most of the cause of my daily stress.

The hazard lights. Oh Christ![/quote]

as soon as i saw the thread title i thought of you farmerā€¦

[quote=ā€œfarmerinthecityā€]I know it makes me sound like a bitter, angry man (I am) but that post there has just described most of the cause of my daily stress.

The hazard lights. Oh Christ![/quote]

There is a new phenomenon out there now which is people pulling in on the area between a slip road on a motorway and on the motorway itself - the road is usually marked with zig zags or whatever else to signify ā€œdont drive hereā€ but yet iā€™ve seen a load of gobshites just sitting there with hazards on as happy as larry. whats that all about?

How do most people drive on the motorway?

I must confess that I more or less stay in the overtaking lane. I generally go quite fast on the motorway (120 speed limit is ridiculous) so it can be annoying to constantly go in and out passing out cars. I constantly keep an eye in my rear view mirror for cars coming behind me that are travelling at a faster speed and I am out of their way straight away. Then I generally head back into the overtaking lane again.

Sometimes you have cars doing a faster speed in the left lane so my moving in there will only cause them having to move out into the right lane so I stay where I am and let them pass me on the inside. That is only if there is a clear run for them on the inside. I know itā€™s not right but itā€™s not the end of the world.

Plus if youā€™re doing 90mph on a motorway then cars shouldnā€™t really be going any faster than that.

Someone told me recently that if the second turn-off on a roundabout is past the 12 oā€™clock position then you go into the right hand lane approaching it. I was under the impression that you always went into the left lane for taking the second turn-off. Can someone clear this up?

In fairness Puke, Gman is equally (if not more) angry on this topic than me!

I feel his pain though.

[quote=ā€œfarmerinthecityā€]In fairness Puke, Gman is equally (if not more) angry on this topic than me!

I feel his pain though.[/quote]

yup, and that takes a fair achievement! http://www.thefreekick.com/board/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif I just remember discussions before on the board about shite drivers and yourself and me seemed to have the most anger built up. I really hate unobservant drivers, ie those who toddle along without a care in the world thinking they are the only ones on the road. never use the mirrors, never check when pulling out. Most of the time when I drive, I am more focussed on other drivers in front or meeting me than myself, as I am more worried about someone hitting me than me hitting someone.

and I hate cunts who speed up as you overtake, or who wont pull in to allow you pass them safely because they think they are in the right doing whatever speed they are at. real police drivers who think it is up to them to control cars behind. it just makes lads more annoyed and they try overtake more dangerously then. If I see a car approcahing from behind, Iā€™ll always move in, because they are as likely to ram into the rear of my car as anything else. I coldnt give a crap if they are speeding, its not my job to police the roads. Let them go because the chances are theyā€™ll end up stuck at the same lights as you once you get into a town or village.

Do you not realise that that was a very important phone call that they had to take?

My motorway driving is quite similar to that but if itā€™s quiet iā€™ll mostly stay in the inside lane and move out when I need to overtake. It depends on the mood aswell. Sometimes iā€™ll just toddle along at about 55-60mph in the inside lane especially if Iā€™m hungover.

There are so many things that make my angry whilst driving. Most of the time I can deal with them and just say fuck it. Other timesā€¦

The things that piss me off most areā€¦

-Cunts flying up behind you on the motorway when your doing 120kmph in the ā€œovertakingā€ lane and flashing their lights at you in a ā€œget the fuck out of my way, Iā€™m very importantā€ manner. This is when I pretend I donā€™t see them and slow down

-Cunts sitting on the horn for the smallest of things. I donā€™t mind a gentle reminder if some bird is busy checking out her mascara in the rear view mirror and fails to see the green light but itā€™s the pricks that are sitting in a line of traffic that hasnā€™t moved for quite a while who for some reason think that blowing their horn is going to get things moving up ahead

-Taxi drivers (cunts) who drive in the middle of 2 lanes so you canā€™t pass them on either side. I donā€™t know whether itā€™s because they donā€™t know where theyā€™re going yet or they donā€™t want anybody to pass them

my taxes pay for my right to use the horn and i love beeping in situations like youjust mentioned because everyone ele looks around to see who is beeping and to see is it them you are beeping atā€¦

I would be quite receptive to cunts trying to get an advantge on you. For instance, two lanes, one turning right (with only a right arrow on it). Most cars going straight on resulting in heavy traffic in the left lane. Car goes up right hand lane and indicates into left hand lane to go straight on a beat the queue of traffic.

If such a car indicates in front of me and attempts to nudge in he/she be met by an agreesive blowing of the horn (!) and I will go through the car if I have to.

What makes these fucks think they are better than everyone else. Sometimes cars can genuinely get caught behind other cars turning right and if such a car is there before me then I have no problem letting them out in front.

But itā€™s the sneaky fucks that I hate.

[quote=ā€œfarmerinthecityā€]I would be quite receptive to cunts trying to get an advantge on you. For instance, two lanes, one turning right (with only a right arrow on it). Most cars going straight on resulting in heavy traffic in the left lane. Car goes up right hand lane and indicates into left hand lane to go straight on a beat the queue of traffic.

If such a car indicates in front of me and attempts to nudge in he/she be met by an agreesive blowing of the horn (!) and I will go through the car if I have to.

What makes these fucks think they are better than everyone else. Sometimes cars can genuinely get caught behind other cars turning right and if such a car is there before me then I have no problem letting them out in front.

But itā€™s the sneaky fucks that I hate.[/quote]

Anyone whoā€™s ever travelled on the ferrybank dual carraige way going from Waterford to Wexford will be well used to that shit, Iā€™ve nearly rammed the car in front of a few times while trying to not let these fuckers inā€¦

[quote=ā€œfarmerinthecityā€]I would be quite receptive to cunts trying to get an advantge on you. For instance, two lanes, one turning right (with only a right arrow on it). Most cars going straight on resulting in heavy traffic in the left lane. Car goes up right hand lane and indicates into left hand lane to go straight on a beat the queue of traffic.

[/quote]

Same applies for those who use bus lanes in a similar manner.

Pull in ta fuck, you wouldnt last ten minutes on the Autoban with that attitude.