Useless cagers and annoying habits

Cool story bro.

How far back from a speed van can you be done for speeding, guys?

Say if you were doing 115km/h in a 100km/h zone between Ardee and Carrickmacross 20 minutes ago but you spotted the van around 200 yards up ahead and were well below 100 when passing it.

In such a theoretical situation, would you likely be done?

Should be safe enough. Go back and burn the van to be sure.

12 Likes

Are you getting my hopes up? I don’t know how I’m going to explain the points going onto my life partner’s licence.

Your car will tell you it’s doing about 5 kph above what it’s actually doing. That will bring you down to around 110 which us exactly 10% over the limit.
It’s touch and go

Just making an educated guess pal. The instinctive deceleration would have you below 100 earlier than you think. Take a long hard look at yourself though.

You’re fine. The very fact you need to ask though probably means you shouldnt be speeding in the first place, or driving on your own maybe

3 Likes

Download WAZE and help your fellow drivers

You’ll see the flash if you’re targeted. You wouldn’t miss it. Believe me.

1 Like

If below 100 when passing you’re grand, I’m on that stretch of road every day, many times I was doing 120, either got flashed or saw the van in the distance, one time I was at 105 passing it, didn’t get done. The road from Collon to Ardee is a different story

1 Like

Sadly it hasn’t taken off in Ireland enough. It’s fantastic in the US.

That’s why we need bandage to get on board. It’s a great resource when working properly

Half the north is driving on red diesel…as a political gesture of course. I’m a give unto caesar sort of coward…is anyone breaking the law down south?

There’s a couple of Guards posting here, well when they’re not “conducting speed checks”. I’d be careful prior to admitting any nefarious habits such as mentioned.

They have the capabilities to track you down - all they need is the inclination but the bonus of a handy catch might motivate them. Be careful out there.

2 Likes

They’ll never take me alive. I know more about them than they know about me.

Yes, those damn photons travel faster than you think.

They should take the license off him before he hurts someone.

1 Like

I’ve been told reliably that whilst the vans have the technology to pick you up from nearly a km away, they are actually set much closer. I’m not 100% certain, but I think 23degrees was mentioned, which is pretty close, so you’ll be grand I’d say.

1 Like

You’re grand so @Bandage. If you were doing less than 23 degrees you’ll be out the gate.

4 Likes