Vaccine Numbers Log Thread

Boris is and always has been our only hope. :pray:

By that figure it looks like the Irish figure is in line with the reduced AZ figure? No?

130m expected by end of Q2 rather than 300m yet the Irish figure is only 800k actually less than 1.3m which would be 1% of the EU total?

Yep it takes that into account. The deal was for the EU to get 180 million doses in Q2. As per the article on Reuters it’ll be getting about 90 million.

Ireland due to get about 1% of what the EU gets.

So the figures in the tweet should still be achievable?

I think so. I’ll have a look again in a while but it looks like they’ve taken the reduction into account.

By the end of April: up to 40% of adults getting a first dose.

By the end of May: up to 64% of adults getting a first dose.

By the end of June: up to 82% of adults getting a first dose - and 60% two doses.

1 Like

Are any of these vaccines annual jabs?

No one really knows, it would obviously suit the big pharma companies if booster shots were required.

You’d presume that would mean dose 1 would have to be vaccinated before December.

I’d be surprised if they got to that stage without running out of people looking to get it. Let’s say 10% are loons, 10% are young wans who couldn’t be arsed. They’ll be on a come and get them basis by May I’d say

The vaccine aren’t around or been tested long enough to know.

What’s the betting the hospitals are full next January from people suffering with flu like symptoms

There’s only actually about 20% of people who need this vaccine. They can get the top up handy enough if necessary

Same as every year?

Ya but I want stuff opened up. The vaccine is just like case numbers.

I wouldn’t gamble against it personally. The auld winter flu is a persistant thing.

Here’s hoping the new science of mRNA can counter it. Would be unreal if it did.

It was a joke mate.

2 Likes

Its hard to know around these parts sometimes. :expressionless:

cc @Fulvio_From_Aughnacloy

1 Like

You’d need to be getting up very early in the morning to for me.