Vaccine Numbers Log Thread

I got one alright. Mad.

Why is that? I thought everybody in that group was done long before now?

She is house bound. That’s the problem. Not mobile enough to get it in the surgery but not bad enough to be in a nursing home.

In fairness, a lot of the shitshow has to do with the GPs who are a disaster frankly.

I just can’t understand how the HSE/NPHET/government can allow situations like this happen.

At this stage they surely should have a helpline set up for anyone over, say, 80 who hasn’t been vaccinated yet.

Set up one dedicated call centre in each county to cater for those of a certain cohort who have been forgotten/omitted for whatever reason.

Employ a dedicated vaccine team who go around to the housebound/vulnerable in each county and vaccinate them, in the presence of a relative or guardian. It’s not rocket science. You’d fly through the outliers who have not been jabbed yet for whatever reason.

5 Likes

If true that’s absolutely mad.

What’s strikes me as odd, did not one of the staff think, hang on, I shouldn’t be getting vaccinated yet and put a hand up about it?

People should lose their jobs over this.

1 Like

The same thing went on in the Ballynanty Resource Centre. Think the Mail or Mirror had a front page splash

Did anything happen that consultant that stole vaccines for their family?

Many people only care about themselves.

I doubt it. I recall she said the head of the hospital gave her permission and maybe they were ones that had to be used up. But here there appears to be an email telling staff to select
the health worker category when they are not health workers. That seems cut and dried.

But not a one of them thought it was wrong? I really find that mental.

That’s the way it’s gone these days.

The public mood in Ireland is just incoherent rage at the moment.

A fella with a vaccine will clean up in coppers when it’s only nurses allowed in

Presume Champ Martin will be calling out the theft of vaccines by Tusla as repugnant.

3 Likes

Asked a GP about this… Over 70s in 3 cohorts… GMS patients, non GMS but in receipt of a non means tested doctor visit card… Or private patients… Bulk of the over 70s fall into first 2 categories…

You automatically get allocated vaccines for first categories based on pro ráta allocation for nó of patients… You could in theory order a shit load of vaccines for over 70s private patients… You don’t need to provide their details up front. But you wont be paid for the vaccination until you do a claim with patient name and PPS number… So that’s how they control the allocation

1 Like

I was thinking something similar here.

https://www.rte.ie/news/primetime/2021/0408/1208696-vaccine-passports-crowds-stadiums-gaa/

The Nally Stand would be full with a few doctors and nurses scattered around the place.

Russia Demands Vaccine Shots Back After Slovakia Doubts Quality

Slovakia and Russia clashed over the Sputnik V Covid-19 vaccine after the European Union member accused Moscow of delivering shots that were different from those used in a peer-reviewed study.

Russia rejected the allegations and demanded Bratislava return the 200,000 doses it sent. The dispute may set back efforts to use Sputnik widely in Europe. Slovakia was one of a few members of the bloc pushing to use the Russia-developed vaccine to help speed the roll-out of inoculations. But political tensions over the push to use what one critic called “a tool in hybrid war” caused a crisis that cost Prime Minister Igor Matovic his job.

EU regulators are still reviewing Sputnik’s application and the process could take several months, leading some nations to undertake their own checks to accelerate approval.

But a day after saying it hasn’t received sufficient documentation from the Sputnik’s developers to declare it safe and effective, the Slovak regulator went further, charging that the doses it received have different properties than the ones described in an article in The Lancet medical journal earlier this year. That widely cited report found Sputnik to be 91.6% effective and gave a major boost to Russia’s efforts to distribute it abroad, allaying some concerns about the Kremlin’s rush to approve the vaccine at home.

“According to published reports, Sputnik should be used in about 40 countries, although these vaccines are associated only by the name,” Zuzana Batova, the head of Slovak State Institute for Drug Control, said in a report. “The comparability and consistency of various batches produced in different places hasn’t been confirmed. In several cases, it appears that the vaccines have different properties.”

The Slovak regulator said Wednesday it was still conducting tests, but added that it hasn’t been able to come to a conclusion about the risks and benefits of Sputnik because of the “lack of a large amount of data from the producer, the inconsistency of the drug forms and the inability to compare batches used in various studies and countries.”

Sputnik’s developers dismissed the claims as “disinformation” and said all batches of the inoculation are of the same quality and undergo vigorous quality control.

“In violation of existing contract and in an act of sabotage the State Institute of Drug Control ensured that Sputnik V tested in a laboratory which is not part of the EU’s Official Medicines Control Laboratory network,” the developers wrote on Twitter.

@glasagusban apologise. We had a heated debate abfew weeks ago. I was wrong

1 Like