Vaccine Numbers Log Thread

What’s the issue now?

Monday to Saturday - 117850

Rare blood clots, mainly in the younger demographic.

Was that not rubber stamped a few weeks back? — from my scant reading up on it, it appears the healthier you are the more you are at risk from serious side affects. Young people dont need a vaccine.

1 Like

I think they should just give it to the 50-70 age group which will hopefully not disrupt the rollout

1 Like

The situation is fluid.

You’ve more chance of hit by a car or guessing a 4 digit pin first time than developing a blood clot from AZ. That’s one of the lines that was being pushed out over here. I’d AZ yesterday. Feel like I’m hungover today but nothing else so far.

4 Likes

Of the occurrences so far it seems to be more common in younger women. Some link to the contraceptive pill maybe?

There’s a higher chance of clotting using the pill compared to the vaccine. So it would make sense that women in the pill who get AZ have a higher chance. It’s still quite small though.

The figure I saw for blood clotting in the pill was 1 in 1,000 which seems very high for such a common drug

The study I saw was 4 in 10,000.

1 Like

A few side effects on paracetamol. Some not as severe as others mind.

Same study says that in those who are not on the pill 1 to 5 out of 10,000 develop a clot. So who knows

Can we assume that clots can happen in human beings?

1 Like

Add risk of blood clotting onto the leflet for AZ and job is done. Normal process for pharmaceuticals

I think we can. Certainly amongst females.

We need to get that onto a pamphlet.

1 Like

I would be very wary of the AZ vaccine myself guys. Loads of deaths and serious cases of youngish people with no underlying conditions dying across Europe with it.

Statistically it’s very rare but so are the chances of Covid killing you if you’re in the u40s demographic and in reasonable health.

1 Like

The Sputnik one is still the one you want komrade?

Yes.