Vaccine Numbers Log Thread

@Copper_pipe

AZ delivery received in Belgium on Friday.

I’m estimating that Ireland would have had 2.856m vaccines received by the end of last week in total.

Belgium’s figure is 6.151m total by end of last week which would be 2.64m in the Irish equivalent.

What’s very interesting is that Belgium now only have 178k vaccines now sitting in a fridge. They have administered 97% of vaccines on hand by yesterday evening.

If Ireland were operating at the same efficiency they would have administered 2.77m vaccines by now.

It’s basically going to be 350k vaccines (minimum) received per week from here on in until the end of June. They should really be looking to do 350k pw for the next 6 weeks. Anything below that would be disappointing.

https://www.hln.be/binnenland/volgende-week-recordaantal-vaccins-verwacht-grootste-levering-johnson-en-johnson-tot-nu-toe~a393d90e/?referrer=https%3A%2F%2Ft.co%2F

84k J&J vaccines expected in Belgium this week too which would be around a further 36k for Ireland. By the end of this week there should be around 95k J&J vaccines received in total.

Probably closer to 100k as we seem to have received slightly more than Belgium per capita on the basis of the ECDC information.

@Fulvio_From_Aughnacloy

Keep up.

1 Like

Sorry pal.

Took the weekend off.

The ECDC website looks to be 1 delivery behind on Pfizer, J&J and AZ and 2 behind on Moderna.

When does registration open for the pope’s children (40 to 45)

Unfortunately I can see a huge number of that big AZ delivery due this week now just going into the fridge. I wonder how many 50s are left at this point, by the sounds of things it isn’t many. The shitty delivery schedules of J&J and AZ have been awkward.

The John Paul’s will be round the block

Do they not allow AZ and J&J now go to the 40s too?

At least the AZ can be used for second doses, if they shorten the interval to 8-10 weeks.

No, not going to happen now, posted yesterday

1 Like

Seems a bit daft.

There’s logistics around the NIAC advice that are a pain in the ass to organise. Of course this eventuality should have been planned for but it wasn’t…

So they’re not going to give j and j and AZ to 40-49 cos it’s a pain to organise? Is it the consent letters? Wasn’t this their excuse back in December about not being ready as consent wording and docs were not finalised? :joy:

Tbh I think there’s a few issues. My reading of it is saying that you go to the back of the queue if you won’t take AZ/J&J won’t fly when we know we have a predictable supply of Pfizer/Moderna coming in. And regardless of that, there is very little of the J&J/AZ vaccine to come in the next 3 weeks that is spare (ie second doses). So I think they have to do someone like open the age cohorts down to 35 and deliberately target them for Pfizer/Moderna, but the 40 somethings would have to wait anyway as so many J&J aren’t due in until late June. Creates all sorts of problems.

It would be really interesting to see what they’ve used up. It does sound like 10 days ago they stopped holding onto the J&J in the hope that they could use it and just used it on 50s.

1 Like

I make it 2.825m delivered to the end of Week 20 .

Green are confirmed figures from DOH and yellow are my estimates.

By the end of this week I think the total delivered to to date will be 3.235 million assuming the 33600 from Janssen is delivered.

That 2.64m figure you mentioned for Ireland is just 6.151m / 2.33 I assume?

After reconciling the figures to the latest available on the ECDC platform I make it 2.858m.

The figures in green are in line with the most up to date ECDC numbers and the deliveries after are estimated.

It’d be ridiculous if we have J&J on hand and do t offer it to young people.

1 Like

Yeah but legal issues on it. We should have planned for something like this in terms of people waving risk.

The advice as it currently stands combined with delivery schedules doesn’t seem to work. At least we have got a couple of hundred thousand + of AZ and J&J into over 50s though, we weren’t able to a few weeks ago.

They could offer it to young a males at least. I’m sure it’d be taken up fast, one and done, ups our fully vaccinated numbers in a shot. Seems a no brainer.