My 92 year old grandmother is booked in for this Thursday

:smile:

Does someone have to drive her to cork or how does it work

Only available in 5 gallon drums.

2 Likes

No local gp clinic in Mitchelstown

1 Like

This thread might explain some of the issues on transition week

The EU making a holy show of itself here really.

Another steady 4k on Friday. That makes it around 28k doses done last week.
Miserable.

Lets see if they really can ramp it up this week.

2 Likes

We seem to be making a big deal of the 15 minutes after vaccination waiting time, it’s causing all sorts of logistical headaches and slowing down the process.

John bull are telling people to wait locally in their car if they feel woozy, but it certainly isn’t a constraint on vaccination numbers.

I’d imagine the HSE won’t break their arses to get the vaccines rolled out until the number of positive cases come right down because there will be irresistible pressure to open up once a substantial cohort have been vaccinated.

1 Like

We always seem to find obstacles and ways to procrastinate. Is it a fear of litigation or what?
I’m not sure I understood why halls could not be used in mass roll out.

Aim is for about 80k vaccinations this week. 22k of those are Healthcare workers getting the first dose of the AZ vaccine.

Supply should begin to increase beginning this week. 212K more vaccines expected by the end of this month. With the balance of the 1.1 million vaccines expected by the end of March.

After March then I think they are expecting about 1 million doses per month.

With the rollout for the Over 85s starting this week we should hopefully expect a reduction is symptomatic cases similar to Israel in the coming weeks. 490k people are Over 70 with 72k of these over 85.

2 Likes

Supposed to be nearly 80k this week, that’s a big test.

When you look at the numbers projected, it’s supposed to be close to 1.25m delivered by the end of Q1. We have around 273k done after the weekend now, so we are talking about nearly 1m to be given out in a 6-7 week period (I guess administration will roll into April of those deliveries). If it’s 80k this week, we are going to need close to an average of 150k a week from the week after. Assuming though that the big uptick in deliveries come from March, it will be more like 200k plus a week soon enough. The HSE haven’t come close to being tested on this yet.

1.25m by the end of March was still possible from what I read last week.

Assume when the bigger shipment arrive we will be pumping out the vaccines from 8am-10pm, 7 days a week

There hasn’t been much mention of who was getting bumped up the list now that AZ is only for under 70s because there is a few hundred K gap there. I assume they are going to reverse course on the over 70s by March.

The 6 counties will be back living their old lives in no time. They are sitting pretty now and we pale by comparison. We will probably still have doomsday scenarios painted for us in May and June, with over 50% of population in trepidation at a 5km extension. The noises coming out of UK this morning are very positive and all hospitality could be up and running by Easter latest. It will be interesting how Sinn Fein manage this. On one hand they advocate a zero covid stance and on the other they will be rolling back all restrictions as part of power sharing executive. They will probably be travelling on foreign holidays by June. Meanwhile down here Donnelly will want to see a record of till receipts to ensure you had a substantial meal. No where in the world will there be such a dichotomy on an island on personal freedoms than the Korean peninsula. I think any pragmatist would say that it will do irreparable damage to any medium to long term goal of an United Ireland.

1 Like

That’s what they do with the flu vaccine for kids, said stay local for 10 mins

1 Like

I was reading that Britain wont be back to normal until August. Dont know where you are getting April from.