vBookie

Good work Sledge.

Anyone else interested in the competition I mentioned on some other thread?

20 Euro in - You use the vbookie and you can bet as often or as rarely as you like and the person who makes the most vCash profit over a month keeps the pot.

Sounds good to me. Maybe even let it run longer, say April 1st until the night of the champions league final, and then a new one starting the week after - taking in Euro 2008, eL, GAA provincial championships etc.

E-mail me those prices or whatever flingo, I’ll see if I have time to put them up.

Yeah, seems fine. We could also do a more simple weekly football sweep or whatever too. Say everyone pays €5 into the paypal account and there’s 10 or 15 fixtures to predict from a mixture of European leagues or something and you do the usual 1 for a home win, 2 for an away win and x for a draw. You could also predict the total number of goals from all the games and that could be used in a tie-break situation with the closest winning. Even if 15/20 people entered every week you’d be looking at €75/€100 for the winner. Any thoughts?

Yeah happy to do whatever. See if we get any more suggestions in.

I think V Bookie idea sounds best. Means there can be tactics added to the mix if you know how other posters are doing and if you need to slowly accumulate money or go for a long shot.

[quote=“therock67”]Good work Sledge.

Anyone else interested in the competition I mentioned on some other thread?

20 Euro in - You use the vbookie and you can bet as often or as rarely as you like and the person who makes the most vCash profit over a month keeps the pot.[/quote]

[quote=“Sledgehammer”]Sounds good to me. Maybe even let it run longer, say April 1st until the night of the champions league final, and then a new one starting the week after - taking in Euro 2008, eL, GAA provincial championships etc.

E-mail me those prices or whatever flingo, I’ll see if I have time to put them up.[/quote]

Im in on this anyway sounds good
pay pal is the way to go

ye goin doing anything for cheltenham on the v bookies?..

This weekend’s Division 1 National Hurling League fixtures please gentlemen.

I think Cheltenahm is a must for the vBookies. Lot of work involved in it though.

The problem with Cheltenham will be the odds moving and you can’t update Vbookie. I suppose it’s just a question of going with the prices on the morning of the races or something and ignoring any other market movements.

This weekend’s intercounty GAA matches are now available on the vbookie.

Good work Rock i’ll be having a flutter

Wednesday’s Premiership fixtures added.

Good man sledge

Not sure what to do about the GAA matches from the weekend. Can’t pay out on Dublin - Monaghan until it’s refixed but there’s a time lapse on the thing to prevent me never paying out so the whole thing becomes void in a few days.

Options are:

• pay out on everything eles and mark all Dublin-Monaghan bets as a loss
  • record some sort of “pools panel verdict” and pay out on a particular result
  • think of something else.

Any suggestions?

Rock, you should either pay out on everything else bar the Dublin v Monaghan game, or if possible refund those who bet on this particular match?

Not paying fella’s their winnings from this weekend would make a total farce of the whole vbookie facility imo. I took a hefty loss on one particular game but also made huge returns when predicting the tipp v clare draw. I will not be at all happy if this particular gambling masterstroke turns out to be in vain…

[quote=“therock67”]Not sure what to do about the GAA matches from the weekend. Can’t pay out on Dublin - Monaghan until it’s refixed but there’s a time lapse on the thing to prevent me never paying out so the whole thing becomes void in a few days.

Options are:

• pay out on everything eles and mark all Dublin-Monaghan bets as a loss
  • record some sort of “pools panel verdict” and pay out on a particular result
  • think of something else.

Any suggestions?[/quote]

The software doesn’t allow a refund. I have to mark one of the outcomes down as a win or else anyone who bets on that match will have lost.

So while I can put in the rest of the real results I need to invent a Dublin-Monaghan result. Not sure whether that should be to pay out on a Dublin win or just say hard luck to anyone who bet on that match and make all the bets on that match as losses.

Rock,
All that’s been placed on that game is 30 veuros on the Dubs to win at odds on. This represents a very small gain. You should just pay out on this scenario, and consequently be in a position to pay out on all other winning bets. I don’t think anyone is going to kick up a fuss about it.

[quote=“therock67”]The software doesn’t allow a refund. I have to mark one of the outcomes down as a win or else anyone who bets on that match will have lost.

So while I can put in the rest of the real results I need to invent a Dublin-Monaghan result. Not sure whether that should be to pay out on a Dublin win or just say hard luck to anyone who bet on that match and make all the bets on that match as losses.[/quote]

Grand I’ll do that in a bit - have to leg it now. Think some/most of that 30 is mine which is the main reason I didn’t want to make a call.

Paid out on the league matches. Big win for The Dunph on the Clare-Tipperary draw.