vBookie

I see the Dublin game will be played next weekend anyway. Better not put it up again or someone will win double!

I just threw up GRAND SLAM SUNDAY on the vbookie section.

Rocko, I see youā€™re online - Iā€™m just putting up the weekend GAA now so donā€™t replicate!

The rest of the weekendā€™s EPL and Sundayā€™s hurling is up there now. I might as well fire up the SPL while Iā€™m at it.

Good work Bandage - not that hard is it?

Such an utter privilege to be placing bets on Grand Slam Sunday. Sky are really too good to us.

Is there any point putting up odds for events further out into the future like Champions League, Euro 2008, All Ireland Championships? Possibly not as placing bets on them will eat into your vcash and you wonā€™t see a return for quite a while. Any thoughts?

Amen to that!

Iā€™d say Euro 2008 is worth a shot because itā€™s a fixed field and it doesnā€™t drag on but betting must stop on the morning of the first game.

All Ireland Championships are just too long I think. Reckon thatā€™s better suited to game betting.

CL bets are only valid until the first leg games so again I think match and tie betting pre-first leg are most suited.

[quote=ā€œtherock67ā€]Iā€™d say Euro 2008 is worth a shot because itā€™s a fixed field and it doesnā€™t drag on but betting must stop on the morning of the first game.

All Ireland Championships are just too long I think. Reckon thatā€™s better suited to game betting.

CL bets are only valid until the first leg games so again I think match and tie betting pre-first leg are most suited.[/quote]

Yep, thatā€™s more or less what I was thinking.

The only thing I was thinking was in the Champions League for example thereā€™s an outright winner market with odds for the 8 remaining teams obviously. Those odds are unlikely to change before the QF 1st leg ties so we could set up an event that closes the day before those games so itā€™s like a pre quarter final ante-post bet.

Then thereā€™s the option of having another outright winner event for the semi-final etc.

No reason why we canā€™t have a market for everything someone wants to bet on - like a real life ante-post bet, if you want to tie your (v)cash up for that length of time, itā€™s the individualā€™s decision.

How come peopleā€™s vCash balances arenā€™t displaying?

[quote=ā€œSledgehammerā€]No reason why we canā€™t have a market for everything someone wants to bet on - like a real life ante-post bet, if you want to tie your (v)cash up for that length of time, itā€™s the individualā€™s decision.

How come peopleā€™s vCash balances arenā€™t displaying?[/quote]

Theyā€™re all still there in the background and havenā€™t been lost or anything. Rocko just needs to get them back up again now that heā€™s finished the latest site upgrade.

Right there were a couple of small little problems with vbookie after the upgrade but theyā€™re solved now.

Just after putting up some weekend GAA and Champions League stuff.

Iā€™ll also add some weekend soccer events now too.

Top notch work boss.

[quote=ā€œBandageā€]Just after putting up some weekend GAA and Champions League stuff.

Iā€™ll also add some weekend soccer events now too.[/quote]

Whatā€™s the craic if a punter loses all of his/her Vcash?

Not that I plan to btw

Thereā€™s an option to give them a complimentary 10 vcash points to get them back on the road again. I think thatā€™s how Iā€™ve set it up but I canā€™t be sure until someone actually goes bust. If you do go bust and that setup doesnā€™t work then Iā€™m afraid youā€™re fooked.

I note Farmer and dancingbaby donā€™t appear to have the faith in Leitrim to put some of their vcash on the boys in green.

Going to put eircom League fixtures up now if Iā€™ve time, Bohs and Patā€™s simply have to be backed

you get 3 quid back. I shot my load on England to beat scotland. so stuck on 3 since. its a long road back! Interesting to see the stats on the vbookies thing, just gives an indication of how well bookies do. Think there is nearly 3 times in income than expendature for the vbookies on this site.

And the full 3 quid has bashfully been fired on Portsmouth to beat Wigan at home. Iā€™ve had a cheeky tenner on Wigan despite their horrendous away record as I think Portsmouth might be resting players for the cup semi-final.

What did everyone start with - 500 was it? Very few people in profit overall. Really shows you how the bookies clean up.