Versus Strollers FC - 07 July 2009

On the anniversary of the 7/7 London Tube attacks we play Strollers FC in our bid for a magnificent seven league runs on the bounce. TFK are without doubt the form team in this division - we left it a bit late starting off but fear nobody at this stage.

Still, there’s the danger of complacency and it’s one of the annoying features of this team in the past that even when we weren’t winning regularly we tended to get a bit complacent against the bottom teams.

We have had two 3-2 wins over Strollers so far this season - one of which was marred by the Stevie G injury and the referee’s verbal assault on brave TFK players.

Complacency cannot set in. Strollers aren’t a bad side and if we are not at our absolute best then we will struggle to win.

I’m making myself available for this game despite a series of injury problems.

I spent last week breaking in yet another new pair of work shoes and my feet are sore. I think I might have a stress fracture of my left foot too.

I also have a very badly bruised right elbow after a drunken fall on Saturday night. I easily could have gone and done a Mathieu Bastereaud on it and claimed an attack but I have too much respect for Wexford town and its people.

I have a touch of heartburn and indigestion also.

Did I mention that Jugs milled into Stevie G’s sister in front of him in the pub the other night? That surely can’t be good for squad morale.

[quote=“Bandage”]I’m making myself available for this game despite a series of injury problems.

I spent last week breaking in yet another new pair of work shoes and my feet are sore. I think I might have a stress fracture of my left foot too.

I also have a very badly bruised right elbow after a drunken fall on Saturday night. I easily could have gone and done a Mathieu Bastereaud on it and claimed an attack but I have too much respect for Wexford town and its people.

I have a touch of heartburn and indigestion also.

Did I mention that Jugs milled into Stevie G’s sister in front of him in the pub the other night? That surely can’t be good for squad morale.[/QUOTE]

Jugs cheated on Stevie’s sister the night before in Copper’s too, with some awful looking yoke.

TeamTFK just rolls from one crisis to the next it seems.

It’s disappointing that this has leaked out given the media ban imposed following our victory last week.

I am available although I am openly contemplating my future after being dropped from the starting 6 last week. I am officially a TFK player until the 19th of August, after that who knows.

The tags suggest strollers won’t be hard bet

The tags seem to suggest it’s two points for a win. Don’t believe everything you read in the tagline.

We can’t say too much as Rocko’s told us to stay out of the limelight ahead of the game.

But this is going to be war tomorrow. Absolute war.

All kinds of funny stuff going on with this game tomorrow.

Ardent fans will recall that we played Strollers on the first game of the season and Stevie G went down with a career threatening injury resulting in the game to be abandoned with three minutes to go. In the confusion, Rock was sent off but this red card was subsequently rescinded.

Strollers have claimed that there were eight minutes left and that Rock was sent off. We objected on both counts, along with the fact we had offered to play them before but they turned it down.

The league organisers have made the decision, after consultation with the referee*, that we must play the three minutes with five players.

*Don’t actually think this happened.

We can’t let this distract us. We should use this to drive us on to batter the shite out of them.

Mother of God what an afternoon’s preparation. The league is in chaos, we’ve had lawyers involved and TFK will be sporting armbands tomorrow in protest at the treatment of their captain by the league.

Bring these fuckers on.

A pathetic attempt by Strollers to try and upset our preparations for tomorrow’s game. Unfortunately we can’t say anything for legal reasons, we’ll let our football do the talking tomorrow.

Also please don’t speculate on the forum lads, if you want to discuss it please use PMs.

TFK won’t be fazed by any of this carry on. We’ve got a dressing full of strong characters.

This sounds epic, when will the official statement be made?

The players have been instructed not to speak to the press but the club have moved to make fans aware of the extraordinary turn of events that took place yesterday.

Official TFK Statement

Yesterday afternoon shortly before a quarter past three TFK Astro Football and Online Athletic Club received a communication from the Astro Football Association (acting on behalf of the Astro League) with regard to today’s proposed match with FC Strollers.

The legal document stated that today’s match was being deferred by one hour to facilitate media coverage. Furthermore the league instructed both teams that following the conclusion of today’s game there will be a second match of eight minutes’ duration representing the last eight minutes of the first game of the season which was stopped early when Steven G received a career-threatening injury. The league then informed TFK FC of the extraordinary decision that they would be reduced by one player for this eight minute match as a member of TFK FC was dismissed in the original fixture.

This outrageous injustice is clearly the culmination of underhand tactics by FC Strollers, a club we now hold in the deepest contempt. The time remaining in the original game was three minutes, not eight minutes. The dismissal of the unnamed TFK player took place after the game had already been abandoned and was later rescinded by the referee. TFK FC offered to play the remaining time either before or after the last fixture with FC Strollers but this was turned down by cowardly opponents as apparently “it did not suit.”

TFK FC quickly drafted a response to the League’s offices outlining the above and FC Stollers were copied on this correspondence. A lame protestation from FC Stollers was also forwarded onto the League, in which they disputed many of the claims put foward by TFK FC.

The League reached a resolution last night which sipulates that the rematch will indeed take place with TFK FC reduced to five men, however the duration of the rematch will be three minutes.

Having consulted our legal advisors TFK FC have agreed to play the remaining three minutes wearing black armbands in protest at the treatment of the unnamed soldier.

This represents the greatest miscarriage of justice in the days of professional sport. Having considered taking the case to the Court of Aribtration in Sport in Lausanne, TFK FC have concluded that they are happy to take on the League as well as FC Strollers in their quest to bring some silverware online.

Bring these fuckers on.

Statement Ends

[quote=“therock67”]The players have been instructed not to speak to the press but the club have moved to make fans aware of the extraordinary turn of events that took place yesterday.

Official TFK Statement

Yesterday afternoon shortly before a quarter past three TFK Astro Football and Online Athletic Club received a communication from the Astro Football Association (acting on behalf of the Astro League) with regard to today’s proposed match with FC Strollers.

The legal document stated that today’s match was being deferred by one hour to facilitate media coverage. Furthermore the league instructed both teams that following the conclusion of today’s game there will be a second match of eight minutes’ duration representing the last eight minutes of the first game of the season which was stopped early when Steven G received a career-threatening injury. The league then informed TFK FC of the extraordinary decision that they would be reduced by one player for this eight minute match as a member of TFK FC was dismissed in the original fixture.

This outrageous injustice is clearly the culmination of underhand tactics by FC Strollers, a club we now hold in the deepest contempt. The time remaining in the original game was three minutes, not eight minutes. The dismissal of the unnamed TFK player took place after the game had already been abandoned and was later rescinded by the referee. TFK FC offered to play the remaining time either before or after the last fixture with FC Strollers but this was turned down by cowardly opponents as apparently “it did not suit.”

TFK FC quickly drafted a response to the League’s offices outlining the above and FC Stollers were copied on this correspondence. A lame protestation from FC Stollers was also forwarded onto the League, in which they disputed many of the claims put foward by TFK FC.

The League reached a resolution last night which sipulates that the rematch will indeed take place with TFK FC reduced to five men, however the duration of the rematch will be three minutes.

Having consulted our legal advisors TFK FC have agreed to play the remaining three minutes wearing black armbands in protest at the treatment of the unnamed soldier.

This represents the greatest miscarriage of justice in the days of professional sport. Having considered taking the case to the Court of Aribtration in Sport in Lausanne, TFK FC have concluded that they are happy to take on the League as well as FC Strollers in their quest to bring some silverware online.

Bring these fuckers on.

Statement Ends[/QUOTE]

I’m fooking seething…

Just hope our Ultras behave themselves tonight. I believe there are riot police on duty already in Bootertown as TFK supports enjoy a few pints before the game.

This is beginning to remind me of the rivalry Arsenal built up with Hull over last season. Us being Arsenal of course.

This fooking sickening.

I have been in contact with senior members of the local Limerick FC firm “The Blades” and they have agreed to provide foot soldiers to travel on the 3:15 train from Limerick to Dublin if necessary.

Just give the word.

Send 'em up Runt. Just saw a Strollers Firm boarding the DART at Pearse Station. This is going to be tasty tonight.

[quote=“The Runt”]This fooking sickening.

I have been in contact with senior members of the local Limerick FC firm “The Blades” and they have agreed to provide foot soldiers to travel on the 3:15 train from Limerick to Dublin if necessary.

Just give the word.[/QUOTE]

Runty - can I ask you to liase directly with Flano in respect of the above? He’ll let you know numbers required and the procedures for expenses claims to cover the cost of train tickets, meals etc.

Rgds

BT