Vincent Hogan

Anyone hear him on off the ball Saturday? An emotional wreck discussing how beautiful it was that he passed on he’s love of Liverpool to he’s adult son. Doubt he’d be as emotional if tipp wi the all Ireland this year.

Damien Delaney handed him his arse.

Did he?

Yes towards the end of the podcast he said more or less liverpool season was one trick.

Post deleted

always found him an ok sort

What issues?

The big one

2 Likes

Huh?

I spent an hour or two with him years ago. He was very sound from that one encounter.

Anyone that simple is probably pleasant enough company.

1 Like

He could be sound, just I can’t believe he would come on national radio spouting rubbish like that. If it was 18 year old fair enough but this fella is a respected journalist.

How can he say that? Hot favourites for next season.

What about if he was 19?

Because you are not mature at 18, 19, etc. Vincent Hogan is a grown man with kids. I love watching English football but lads saying they’ll die happy because Liverpool won the league is nuts in my opinion.

1 Like

there is something very undignified about an adult from Tipperary professing his strong emotional attachment to a football team who hail from an industrial city in northern england whose core support base are a people with a thuggish recent history,

and yet they blame John Delaney…

12 Likes

Didn’t hear it myself.
I suppose part of it was him getting to celebrate with his son, about something they had in common? His son would be born and bred Dub so probably would only have a passing interest in Tipp

Correct

I totally agree. Once I got past 18 and there were very few Irish players involved anymore I lost interest in the big English clubs. I enjoy watching Liverpool, city now because they play great football but I don’t care who wins the league etc.

2 Likes

Fair play to you for finally admitting it and letting it out. It does you no good keeping such sentiments in.

But you’ll just have to accept that the EPL is Ireland’s no.1 sporting past time. Nothing captures the Irish imagination like the premiership.