Violence in Sport

ah yeah I understand that, but surely some common sense needs to be applied.

do you agree in those circumstances in the AZ game, or the Steau Bucharest, (dont know why I thought Turkish earleir) that the players should be sent off?

No, I don’t. But I think it’s very hard to come up with rules that will facilitate a goalkeeper kicking someone. You could say that matches are automatically suspended when someone intrudes on the field (and therefore you could say match rules don’t apply) but you don’t want play stopping when some guy is through on goal because a streaker runs away with the corner flag down the other end. I think in this case the referee wasn’t really left with much option to be honest. The rules make him look like a dickhead but he clearly saw the incident and can’t pretend he didn’t.

hard to disagree with that alright. the rules are there, and the ref had no option but to send him off, but its absolutley ridiculous, to see a player attacked by an opposing team supporter, and then the outcome is with the team of the fan who has made the attack. Just doesnt make sense. Its hard to know how to draw a line as you say with other soccer leagues, but my opinion of these ones is that if a fan comes out to hit a player, he is fair game for a kicking.

FFS he kicked the lad twice when he was on the ground and defenseless. Of course he should have been red carded. He should be imprisoned as well.

FFS not a slap thrown

2 Likes

I’d like to have seen this left to develop though

1 Like

Big dude was running out the clock 20 points up and some little pipsqueak stole the ball. What a cuntflap. Little pip deserved a chair to the head

Handbags

Speaking of handbags, a fella was telling me this is the time of year the Clare hurlers perfect their simulation and choreographed haranguing of referees.

Is that true I wonder? I thought they were better than that.

They have been very quick to hit the deck in recent years anyway. You need only look at Tony Kelly and he’s rolling around

Rent free

Absolutely. Even worse since they won something for some strange reason :man_shrugging:t2:

That one came outta nowhere

The know it all in the responses :joy:

2 Likes

‘Which one do you want’ :eek: :grin:

1 Like

As someone said in the comments, if you are about to fight two guys and one of them turns around and says which one do you want, you are in trouble

Nasty Video that.

1 Like

As always with these things, there appears to have been a bit of action before. The MMA guy looks to have already taken a shot.

The MMA guy looks like a lad you’d see in the corner of a bar in county Galway and steer well clear of