Virgil Van Dijk appreciation thread

I’d take Stam everyday over Rio.

Remember Dunphy’s big grudge against Stam. :joy::joy: He started off the treble season saying he was shite.

You said he was found out in Europe. He won the European cup. He was on the fifa team of the year I think and maybe a UEFA team of the year too. Plus 6 premier leagues. Not bad for a fella you claimed always got found out in Europe.

So he only got on the team of the year once? Lolz. Thanks for proving my point.

You have no understanding of the game.

Vidic and Stam were twice the player Rio was … If Rio wasnt English he woukdnt have gotten half the accolades that he has.

Rios best football was when he was playing with Leeds. Man utd ruined him

2 Likes

Stop misleading the forum.

According to Wiki, Rio was never selected for the UEFA team of the year. Big Virge has been on it every time he has played in the Group Stages of the competition. Christ even Damien Duff got on it one year.

Big Virge could cut it against the big boys. Rio couldn’t. The facts bear this out.

1 Like

:grinning:

Alec Ferguson was no David O’Leary

I didn’t bring it in to the discussion

It was a matter of time, who even knows these things.

I was merely informing the forum, as is my duty, that a poster has misled it.

1 Like

Lads with no understanding of the game rate terry and vidic because they constantly had to make last ditch tackles and blocks from their own mistakes. Lads like rio could read the game and were able to incept passes before the striker had a chance. A beautiful passer too.

He was better than Terry alright.

And you have an understanding of the game?

I wouldn’t have Rio in my top 10 centre backs in the Premier League era. He was a better boxer.

Rio ffs :rofl:

You’d have Sol Campbell ahead of him as well.

Walk all over him ya.

Id have Sami Hyppia over him any day… The blinkers from some lads is unreal.

2 Likes