Water Charges - Eat Shit Capitalist Pigs

is there a thread on this?

I haven’t seen much press coverage on this- there’s war going on over the last few weeks/months all around the country, especially in Coolock, but RTE won’t give it much coverage , their website only have a story telling how ministers are willing to pay charges on their second homes also.

Meetings called all over the country to oppose the charges…Any of you going to take a stand and not pay or will you fall in line?

The beep have given it some coverage…

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-29426733

RTE are seriously towing the party line on this. There was a huge protest in Dublin city center a few weeks ago that didn’t get a single mention on the news.

I’ve seen a load of pics up on social media of the shit going down in Coolock, including Gardai battering women, but nothing from RTE.

The protesters in the videos I have seen come across as lazy unemployed layabouts , so I’m out.

So you are going to pay, mate?

Do we not already pay for water through other forms of taxation? Will we not be paying for it twice if so?

[QUOTE=“ChocolateMice, post: 1025534, member: 168”]So you are going to pay, mate?

Do we not already pay for water through other forms of taxation? Will we not be paying for it twice if so?[/QUOTE]

I will not be paying as my manor dwelling has it’s own water source and waste treatment plant.

P.S. It is not a charge for water, it is a charge for services to supply water.

[QUOTE=“Rintintin, post: 1025535, member: 207”]I will not be paying as my manor dwelling has it’s own water source and waste treatment plant.

P.S. It is not a charge for water, it is a charge for services to supply water.[/QUOTE]

Do we not already pay for services to supply water?

[QUOTE=“Rintintin, post: 1025535, member: 207”]I will not be paying as my manor dwelling has it’s own water source and waste treatment plant.

P.S. It is not a charge for water, it is a charge for services to supply water.[/QUOTE]

Shouldn’t it be a flat rate then? As everyone is given the same service.

I cannot answer that @Fran, I don’t have to pay this charge so haven’t looked too far into it , all I do know is all the protesters in the videos I have seen appear to be thugs and degenerates.

Not necessarily as the more water used means more treatment of water is needed etc.

Who else is gonna protest? Middle Irealnd?? They wouldn’t protest if you put a gun to their head, they will fall in line as always.

You are probably right CM but the lads putting in meters have done nothing wrong, they are only doing their job seeing them abused and pulled and dragged by the protesters is sickening.

Will you be protesting?

That’s a fair point also---- But when our national media and government ignore the wishes of the majority this is what happens.

Not if you put a gun to my head*

• I shall not be paying tho.

Agreed, the anger is misplaced due to having nowhere else to vent I suppose.

No he’ll just talk about it but not actually attend. The same approach he takes to hurling matches.

Can you back that up, pal?

I support the charges and believe that Irish Water should be given special powers to ensure collection if necessary.

What kind of powers ? ANd going back to my earlier question, if the Irish tax payers already pay for water why should they pay for it twice? Especially given the state of the current service?!

Thanks in advance.