Water Charges - Eat Shit Capitalist Pigs

Quisling doesn’t mean what you think it means unless you think the current government is in fact an occupying force in which case you have other issues and I can sell you some tin foil to make a hat.

anyway the advice is there so take it or leave it

[QUOTE=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 1031789, member: 2272”]Serious hat on for a moment - be careful posting comments from people about DOB that may or may not be true for your sake/sake of the site
Not saying he is above criticism but he has a track record of bring defamation cases[/QUOTE]

http://www.fliuch.org/106/denis-obrien-and-irish-water

Members of the travelling community have been ‘asked’ to submit their details to IW so that they can be billed… If it wasn’t so fucking ludicrous it would be laughable…

[QUOTE=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 1031792, member: 2272”]Quisling doesn’t mean what you think it means unless you think the current government is in fact an occupying force in which case you have other issues and I can sell you some tin foil to make a hat.

anyway the advice is there so take it or leave it[/QUOTE]

yes, i think every government since the oirish free state began have been illegitimate governments run by the brits that are acting against the wishes of the people.

And how will they be dealt with if they aren’t forthcoming with said information?

Slash hooks.

I heard on the radio this morning that Landlords will be liable for the water bills on their properties if the tenant doesn’t pay the bill.

Do halting sites have water?

it’s not true but it is another example of how badly this has been handled - it was an answer on twitter to a question but it is incorrect

whole thing is becoming a fiasco and I suspect people who were going to register are now going to wait and see on basis that this may not fly

[QUOTE=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 1031816, member: 2272”]it’s not true but it is another example of how badly this has been handled - it was an answer on twitter to a question but it is incorrect
[/QUOTE]

I heard them on the radio say the same thing. If the pack goes to a rented home and the tenants don’t fill out the pack, they then subsequently leave the property, the landlord is left with the bill for the whole period.

They said that yesterday on Twitter in response to a question, before rapidly retracting it shortly afterwards.

[QUOTE=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 1031816, member: 2272”]it’s not true but it is another example of how badly this has been handled - it was an answer on twitter to a question but it is incorrect

whole thing is becoming a fiasco and I suspect people who were going to register are now going to wait and see on basis that this may not fly[/QUOTE]

I cant understand why this is becoming such a fucking fiasco. I mean we already have utility companies in the state so how come Irish Water are making such a pigs ear of this? Why cant Irish Water just use that same processes that ESB, Bord Gais and others use when dealing with bills from people who rent, its not fucking rocket science.

Because people have the option to sign-up to Bord Gais, ESB etc.
They aren’t giving people the choice here.

people should pay for water but it should be a flat fee - 3 or 4 euro a week

no need for meters

we now have situation where meters are installed some places and not others and never will be in some places
people get allowances but need to provide PPS numbers
people can claim allowances for health reasons
people get a tax credit
untaxed want a tax credit
social welfare recipients get a payment

it is like motor tax/tv licence - the infrastructure set up to collect it is disproportionate to what it collects - could be done much easier

its incompetency and decision by committee rather than anything more sinister in my view and putting in places career local government people in charge of a customer facing entity spells disaster as they don’t want to or see need to explain

[QUOTE=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 1031826, member: 2272”]people should pay for water but it should be a flat fee - 3 or 4 euro a week

no need for meters

we now have situation where meters are installed some places and not others and never will be in some places
people get allowances but need to provide PPS numbers
people can claim allowances for health reasons
people get a tax credit
untaxed want a tax credit
social welfare recipients get a payment

it is like motor tax/tv licence - the infrastructure set up to collect it is disproportionate to what it collects - could be done much easier

its incompetency and decision by committee rather than anything more sinister in my view and putting in places career local government people in charge of a customer facing entity spells disaster as they don’t want to or see need to explain[/QUOTE]

It could all have been lumped in as a €10 a month “Services Fee” as part of the property tax

They need to be microchipped at birth

Dunno mate, never on one. From the smell of the cunts, probably not.

I was thinking the same myself.

Hubert Kearns was Sligo County Manager for 17 years and when he retired in 2013 he received a lump sum of 270,000 and a pension of 68,000 per year. His time as Sligo manager was controversial and he left behind a County debt of 80 million. “It’s not the end of the world, nobody died,” he said about the council’s financial woes. At one stage he refused to attend council meetings in a dispute with an independent Councillor and spent more than €50,000 council money hiring HR consultant Declan Naughton to monitor meetings. Asked to comment on reports that his own pay as Sligo Manager, at €136,000, was €30,000 more than that of the Spanish prime minister, Mr Kearns said his salary was fixed by Government. “I am surprised that the Spanish prime minister earns so little.”

So after retiring from Sligo he has his pockets full, thanks to the taxpayer, has Mr Kearns taken up fishing? No, Hubert has apparently found gainful employment with Irish Water.

Irish Water, home to retired Council managers, headed up by retired Dublin Manager John Tierney (salary 200,000 Eur). But apparently Irish Water managers would have to get by on a measly 100,000. Hopefully though they might be able to survive once the expenses and free cars are factored in.

[QUOTE=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 1031826, member: 2272”]people should pay for water but it should be a flat fee - 3 or 4 euro a week

[/QUOTE]

We already pay through general taxation you fucking gimp. Or has that part of the discussion somehow whizzed by your little head?