Waterford Hurling (now incorporating intermediate football) 2013 and subsequent years

You’re really acting the cunt here, totally needless

Waterford by and large are alright sorts. You’d feel sorry for their fans.

1 Like

You’re the one that’s been acting the cunt when it comes to this Waterford team for a long time now. Nobody in Waterford is under any illusions that they’re not quite there. 2018 has been a write off due to injury, bad luck and a system loaded against them (which the Waterford county board is also culpable for) but they’ve taken it on the chin and not made any complaints or issue of their misfortune. They’re a good group of lads and players and management have always carried themselves with dignity. They went closest of any Waterford team since 1959 last year, were in the semis in 2015 and 16 (losing narrowly in a replay), two league finals in 2015 and 16, winning one and losing the other by a point in a replay. Yet you’ve been constantly on all that time carping about everything they do.

Maybe you should focus on your own house in Cork, with a pick of almost the size of every hurling county put together and why Cork are on their longest drought at senior level without an All Ireland since the 1920’s, longest every drought at U21 level stretching back to 1998 and longest every drought at minor stretching back to 2001.

1 Like

Fucking hell, will you give it a fucking rest.
I said that they were shit today, hardly unfair and their injury crisis doesn’t affect that summation, i tipped my own county to beat them last year, what a shock.

Stop acting the cunt.

What’s your problem with Waterford, kid?

2 Likes

We’re all trying to get to the bottom of this one.

very intense irrational hatred of a small harmless enough county.
you’d wonder what happened there to spark that

2004 Munster final still rankles with him maybe although most Cork folk would’ve moved on by now seen as they won the AI that year.

Rte news reporting that Derek has stepped down.

What is the mood on Suirside ??

Sombre. The bell is tolling in the Cathedral.

A lovely man and did a very good job. Good luck to him

9 Likes

A good wedge of the panel wanted him to stay on, I hears.*

*read on an INTERNET forum.

A lovely statement

A lovely man

He brought a moderate bunch of hurlers to the cusp of an All Ireland by devising a system that was tailored to their strengths and weaknesses

3 Likes

How would he have handled the noughties cavaliers ??

well Fagan, who will succeed?

I threw out DJ Carey as a possibility a few wks back

1 Like

Would DJ Carey have any auld interest I wonder. Next year’s schedule not as daunting as this year’s with the two “home” games playable in Thurles I think?

Derek seems like a lovely man although I think he’s made a balls of it.