Waterford Hurling (now incorporating intermediate football) 2013 and subsequent years

I am never convinced by Tadhg’s distribution

Lookit, it’s a great position to be in, built up after the league final, poor performance today and limerick demolish Cork, go in as underdogs next week will suit Waterford, favorite tag never suits them

Perfect scenario really. Absolutely dogshit at times today so loads to work in and still got the win.

Stroll up to Limerick and see how we go.

They finished with their best 15 & four points to spare. Ideal preparation

He picked up an injury in the club final. The talk then was that he was out for 4/5 weeks. That was on 12 February and we’re 10 weeks on from that now.

It felt like a bit of a Jerome Maher introduction for Tom. Might not see Tom again in a hurry. At least it was only points and not goals that were leaked. Poor Jerome never got the chance to atone after his debut horriblus.

Word doesn’t sound too good about Iarlaith Daly.

You’d have to seriously question why they didn’t pull him off straight away when it happened.

But Cahill has always been a ‘strap them up and tell them they are grand’ type of manager.

Their injury list has been fairly terrible for the past few years and they have never ever got a fully fit 15 on the field at the same time.

:flushed::flushed::flushed:

3 Likes

Gillane was more or less kept in check when Iarlaith Daly was on the field. Full back line is the weakest line on the field for Waterford. It’s a huge blow if he is indeed out for the season.

1 Like

The lads at the start sorting out the flooding seem like right characters.

1 Like

I Daly is very injury prone for a young fella

Probably be a help so if they didn’t play him when he’s injured

1 Like

Iarlaith going off changed the game.

Gillane gave an exhibition after that.

Another of the 59 team went to their eternal reward today. RIP Tom Cunningham.

12 Likes

May he Rest in Peace

RIP

Do they usually shovel standing water down in Waterford @Fagan_ODowd?

The 3rd party in probably the most iconic GAA photo ever taken. An absolute gent of a man. Dungarvan through and through, but living in Abbeyside. His young lad was captain when we won the 1987 U-12 Divisonal title. Christ it was like winning an All Ireland. Another son won Senior with Dungarvan. Obviously never saw the man play but he was a legend here. I stand to be corrected, but I believe he is in a very small club in Waterford to win a Minor and Senior All Ireland @Fagan_ODowd. Sad day.

21 Likes

I always loved that picture. May he R.I.P.

1 Like