Waterford Hurling (now incorporating intermediate football) 2013 and subsequent years

It will all come right for Waterford one year soon. Whatever bad luck is going usually seems to go their way

1 Like

It looked bad and he knew straight away it was gone, no attempt to run it off so it looks bad unfortunately. Daly is promising but at least three points came from him fumbling balls, canā€™t do that at this level

Saying that 61 years and counting, hard to stay optimistic in Waterford believe me

A pity the last 2 years were such a disaster for them. Would be some atmosphere in Walsh Park in a munster championship match if they go back to the round Robin and they continue to push on

This time 4 years ago both Limerick and Galway were in a similar boat, keep the faith

2 Likes

The round robin doesnā€™t suit us. A championship format like this year they should keep, every game means something then

It is. Could well have been a different result there today had they not been in such disarray over the last two years. Still though in fairness thatā€™s a fair bounce coming from not winning a championship match in two years to getting to an AIF. Iā€™d certainly deem that progress.

Itā€™s progress but that two years wasnā€™t a true reflection of where Waterford were at, is it progress from 2017? A bad beating in an AIF, I donā€™t know, still no silverware.

Of course its progress. I fully accept that 2018 and 19 werenā€™t a true reflection of where Waterford are/were. But Cahill literally had to start from scratch again. If I wasnt aware of that Waterford team from minor in 13 and 14, u21 in 16, Iā€™d say they over achieved this year. But they havenā€™t and are very lime if not a level or two ahead of limerick in 2017.

Talk is that De Burca did the cruciate again. If he did, thatā€™s probably 2021 gone for him, if it is to be finished off by mid July.

Kevin Moran possibly another to depart.

On the more positive side, Conor Gleeson maybe to come back in a more substantial manner next year after an injury blighted season. Cahill really needs to get Shane Bennett back in the fold too. Pauric Mahony to come back in as well, but his contribution hasnā€™t been overly hectic last few years.

Jonah.

If theres anyway Darragh Fives injuries could get sorted heā€™s some hurler when heā€™s fit. Get Paudie back, I think a toe in the hole from Cahill we could get more from him as he has it in him. Shane Bennett and need to unearth a few more.
We need to condition our lads another few notches, become more ruthless and cynical unfortunately.

State of the pitch was a likely contributory factor to de Burcaā€™s injury. There should only have been one match played on that pitch this weekend.

Ah stop ffs

2 Likes

Hard luck Waterford. We would have like to see a more competitive game today.

Like the recent US election sometimes the rules are not applied as strictly as one might wish.

Hard luck @Fagan_ODowd et al. Keep the faith. The dark days are shite craic. We know them only too well. I always said that itā€™s way worse being nearly good enough than being no where near it.
Thereā€™s one in that team yet. A proper year of Cahill and bevans will bring ye on another step. Port LĆ irge AbĆ¹

Thanks for the pat on the head @Julio_Geordio

10 Likes

I was going to give you a kick in the bollox but I said Iā€™d leave you off.

I know the Waterford lads have no interest in us being patronising but regardless of the result, there has been phenomenal progress this year.

Cahill & Bevans have achieved a lot more in this season than Kiely & Kinnerk did in 2017, although maybe coming from a slightly higher base with a lot of the 2017 AI panel.

I think he spoke well after, identified areas where ye had fallen short. Add a couple of players, including Shane Bennett, maybe add some more pointscoring from outside.