Waterford Hurling (now incorporating intermediate football) 2013 and subsequent years

Last time yeā€™ve beaten them in championship?

Iā€™d imagine so

Typical. Caught rotten at the end for not seeing it out.
Look flogged for extra time. Fellas dropping like flies there after 50 mins.

1 Like

Yes, another chance fucked away

Getting an awful hole opening now.

I spent a good couple of hours with member of Ducks extended family this Christmas. They had great insight into the Claudia and the missing suit cases. They filled me in on Ducks father Paxy as well.

1 Like

Stephen O Keeffe pulling out for next year

All Star incoming

He probably didnā€™t enjoy it as much without Philip Mahony and with Pauric likely to be out again next season itā€™s better to focus on his more illustrious club career.

I heard he cries constantly without Philip.

1 Like

Be good to see what Billy Nolan is made of. Still if SOKI signs out he does so at his peak. That double save in the All Ireland was as great a feat of goalkeeping as Iā€™ve seen.

1 Like

Result asideā€¦What a way to be remembered if he does go. The reaction for the second stop was literally unreal.

Is Nolan any good mate? Would this be a surprise in Waterford hurling circles that he stepped away? I always think in a weird way that SOK cost Tipp an All Ireland in 2014 (he didnā€™t!!). The new penalty rules had just come in, spurred in part by the picture that did the rounds of the bruise he got from saving one from Nash (or was that a 21).

Nolan is a good keeper, good puck, plays outfield for the club

Billy would be a better pucker outer but SOKI was the best shot stopper we ever had. Is it a surprise - not really.

Great ā€˜keeper, he mugged off Nash spectacularly that time in Thurles when he charged him down.

1 Like

SOK made a save against Kilkenny in a qualifier in Thurles in 2013 that was probably the best Iā€™ve ever seen.

Isnā€™t Oā€™Keeffe long time Dublin based? Big ask to go from one season straight into next. Waterford were in an All Ireland Final on 13 December. Next years final is less than 7 months later in 11 July. Split season and All Ireland Finals in early July will be grand for the bigger counties that have nearly all
Their players based locally but will create a lot of problems for counties that have a lot of their players based outside the county.

Heā€™s with the Bank up there AFAIK

He was pre-Covid anyway along with half the Waterford/Ballygunner teams.