Waterford Hurling (now incorporating intermediate football) 2013 and subsequent years

Are there any school teachers in Waterford that could take the job

There are no standout internal candidates and Waterford always do better with outside managers for some reason.

Eddie Brennan is what Iā€™m hearing

Christ please no

There are no outstanding external candidates to pick it up from where Cahill will have brought us too.
My fear it will be another manager coming in and another new style to try and implement.

Thatā€™s exactly it, Waterford should have been planning for this dayā€¦giving it to the likes of Eddie Brennan would be a complete disaster
Joxer O Connor? Mehā€¦

I heard Liam Sheedy is a done deal.

cc @carryharry

wasnt DJ Carey mentioned the last time around in Waterford??

Is Davy having a year out? Heā€™d surely love the Waterford gig with the calibre of player there.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2021/0823/1242461-tipp-make-approach-to-liam-cahill-over-senior-job/

Davy is biding his time for Galway Iā€™d say, especially as Hanley and Lynskey miscued their chances in recent weeks.

Why would anyone go near Davy after his largely very poor championship results over 5 years in Wexford?

Ballygunner 5-23 Ballyduff Lr 0-6 in the Eastern Intermediate at the weekend.

Ballyduff were in the Intermediate final last year.

He should stay with Waterford. Heā€™ll have an opportunity with Tipperary again in the future. He has a better chance of beating Limerick in the next two years with Waterford in my opinion. In tipp heā€™ll need a rebuild, heā€™s starting from scratch, with Waterford itā€™s add a couple of players and tweak and improve again.

Kilkenny beat Waterford with their caps in 2008 and were widely considered to be invincible. Waterford beat what was considered to be a poor Tipperary team in the semi final. 12 months later Tipp (under new management) put Kilkenny to the pin of their collar in the final and 12 months after that soundly beat them. Cahill will remember that.

2 Likes

Is you point that tipp came from nowhere or that a team can be turned around in a year? I agree with the point, I just think that in the short term, the next year or two, Waterford are a better prospect than tipp given the profiles of the respective teams.

Ballygunnar are no good for Waterford hurling when you see scores like this. Needs to be planning for a second club out there.

Was Sheedy over Tipp in 2008 ?

He was. My mistake