Waterford Hurling (now incorporating intermediate football) 2013 and subsequent years

You’re the only one talking about entitlement here.

They have advertised and agreed a price for using a local facility and a local sports team has been told they can’t pay the agreed price.

If you can’t see anything wrong in that it says a lot about you.

Nobody was looking for anything for free

Sure there’s hardly anyone to talk to here about cricket and rugby. When it comes to sporting conversation, all the Pretend IRA/England haters want to talk about is their favourite English soccer team.

Ah now… You must be able to do a small bit better than that ráiméis.

Why will you not answer the question I just put to you?

It isn’t relevant and is a bit ridiculous.

The rules is the rules.

NO GARRISON GAMES

That was some point that Ozzie kicked for Mount Sion in that Junior Football match. He could nearly get Footballer of the Year on the back of that one score alone.

Very enjoyable football match.

The question is piercingly relevant and your unwillingness/inability to answer it says everything about your personal hypocrisy and bigotry.

Your '‘position’ is ludicrous. You are basically arguing that the GAA has an obligation to facilitate and promote codes beyond its own codes. Yet you make this demand of no other sports organization in Ireland. To single out the GAA in this regard is straightforward bigotry and hypocrisy – and a failure in taste.

Look the same lads can go in and book the facilities for a game of 5 aside without issue. The money is welcome and the sport, just not another local club.

A choosy whore

I’m not singling out the GAA in this regard, I’m responding to a bigoted rule, if that seems like it is me “singling” out the GAA it’s because they are the only organization with such a rule, at least they are the only ones implementing it.

As I said, lot’s of GAA clubs are utilizing the lights, all weather and showers at Midleton FC, there is no discrimination according to sport

Here is the story

https://www.corkbeo.ie/sport/soccer/kids-out-cold-waterford-soccer-22224956

Waterford’s Bohemian FC were this week told their Academy of 4-10 year-old players couldn’t use Ballygunner GAA’s indoor after an anonymous “third party” complainer went to GAA HQ to highlight it.
According to GAA rules their facilities aren’t supposed to be open to non-GAA sports, but may be open to other activities if sanctioned by the central council.
Ballygunner GAA are happy to see the kids from Bohemian FC (many of whom also play Gaelic with them), but were threatened with sanctions themselves if they didn’t cut them off.

Defend that, putting under 10’s out into the cold, some lads that play with the club themselves… you’re defending that. What is broken in you?

if that is good taste you’re welcome to it

What is mt sion approach to football Fagan?

kick a bit when the hurling is over I suspect

As good an excuse as any to get together for a drinking session in the winter.

I played in an intermediate final for Mount Sion. We didn’t have a football for the warm up, so we asked the opposition (Killure) for a lend of one of theirs. In fairness to them they obliged.

10 Likes

You are caught out, badly. You have exposed yourself as a bigot against the GAA. You are demanding something of the GAA you see fit not to demand of any other sports organization. The fact there are so many soccer heads around the place, especially in the media, tends to obscure the ludicrousness and the bigotry of this ‘position’.

End of.

1 Like

It must have been a while ago if it was Killure you were playing

It wasn’t today or yesterday

Classy.

Not a classy way to concede the argument – but thanks.

No one associates FAI soccer heads with class.

John Delaney's 50th birthday bash cost FAI €69,000 | Ireland | The Sunday Times

You’re as bigoted against other sports as the association, clearly.

Defending putting under 10s out in the cold and talking about taste in the same breath.

The GAA hiding behind some bullshit technicalities is a complete joke. If a club has a bar and function room, can they hire it out for a party or funeral or whatever? Not GAA activities, so shouldn’t be allowed. If a club has fundraised and got an amenity in place that they then hire out, it should be up to them, and them alone as to who they hire it to, whether it be soccer, rugby, yoga, tiddlywinks or whatever. Some bolloxology about not letting soccer being played is a joke. As the club in question and many others would point out, it’s nearly always the same people in their playing soccer as it would be in playing hurling or football another time.

4 Likes

Bllygunner have no choice now but to ban all non association activities on their grounds, against their will

I guarantee when the pocket is pinched this nonsense will be reversed

1 Like

My two youngest go up to the Creche on the Ballygunner club premises for a few hours of after school twice a week. I’m sure you’ll be relieved to hear that we got notification over the weekend that the Creche in unaffected and it’s normal service Monday afternoon.

3 Likes