Waterford Hurling (now incorporating intermediate football) 2013 and subsequent years

The bitterness is strong in this one

This is all correct.
I think that any GAA club should be allowed to allow anyone they want to use their facilities though. It’s not something that should be under central dictat, I don’t think. Sport, especially team sport in any form, should be facilitated wherever possible.
It should be up to the individual club to balance out the use/overuse Vs the financial side of things, just as they should be entitled to refuse if they wish.
The more team sport, the better for the population on the whole (though there are obvious caveats)

7 Likes

I am not even slightly bitter about anything. Then again, my emotional life does not centre on 22 multi millionaires moving around a pitch in an English city. So I have that advantage.

I do like bitters in a gin and tonic, though.

No,but it seems to centre on delighting in denying 10 year old children from playing sport and ridiculing people in public for having the temerity for enjoying a sport not under the association umbrella

A man clearly at peace with himself

It would have been 6 if the Brickeys supporters hadn’t run a load of horses on to pitch to get the final abandoned in what became known as the “Giddy Up” county final.

2 Likes

Junior Football Co. champions…I’d say ye’ve won more at football than hurling the last 15 years

Sure look it the wheel will turn again. At least we’re not winning county championships on ill gotten gains from soccer clubs.

3 Likes

Jesus I dunno, it’s hard to see the BG roller coaster being stopped anytime soon

Sure we should have beaten them this year. They’ve had a run of great club players, the Mahonys, Coughlan, Soki, but it isn’t younger they’re getting. Apart from young Fitzgerald what’s coming through isn’t an upgrade on them.

The wheel always turns.

You know that as well as anyone.

Once Austin gets his championship medal, that’s all that matters.

He’ll always have the hurler of the year award.

1 Like

With a big screw in it today

Well they are winning all around themselves at underage…if what they’ve coming through isn’t better than what’s there now then neither have other clubs, unfortunately

They were lucky Dessie came home when he did or they could have been vulnerable enough while they waited for Pauric Mahony to hand the baton onto Fitzgerald.

I dunno…apart from Sion giving them a rattle this year they’ve been 15 points better than every team the last 3/4 years, don’t think Dessie has been the differentiator

Sure we’ll see. That’s the wonder of sport.

2 Likes

Agreed…in the meantime, enjoy the football success!

1 Like

This stuff is creepy.