Waterford Hurling (now incorporating intermediate football) 2013 and subsequent years

Johnny Murphy is refereeing Waterford v Tipp. He won’t take any messing with the rules.

They said that about the Dublin footballers

2 Likes

That’s superb trolling from whoever is in Pat O’Doherty’s gig these days.

I didn’t hear but would assume so if he has been named on the panel

Is Fenor not part of Dunhill Parish?

Might be wrong but always thought it is. I have cousins down there.

A question, if I may, because I passed through the place yesterday.

What club’s catchment includes Kilmeaden? Is it Ballyduff Lower? Or maybe Butlerstown?

Ballyduff Lower.

1 Like

Thanks.

Joint parish of Dunhill and Fenor. Fenor has its own lovely church and graveyard in the middle of the village.

Tireoghain Flynn.

Tyrone.

Ah right. Thanks again. Fenor is basically a half parish, in the phrase.

I have the Fenor club history. There is an extremely rare Dunhill history from 1976, a unicorn book, I would love to have.

1 Like

Dunhills GAA pitch is called Pairc Ui Bhriain after Thomas O’Brien who was killed in the Pickardstown ambush. CLG Michael MacCraith in Tramore is named after Michael McGrath who died in the same action.

1 Like

Thanks.

Funny enough, I have the Tramore club history as well. One of those clubs never given their correct name. Same as Rathnure are St Anne’s and Athenry are St Mary’s.

1 Like

Colm Bonnar saw out his playing career with Dunhill

That’s correct he lives out there I thought.

1 Like

Also managed them for a couple of years. I think his son is playing for them now.

Johnny is a top ref. He won’t be allowing throwing or excessive steps.

Correct. He got the line in the intermediate final last year.

I’d have no issues with Johnny. Once you go past Fergal and Tyler who are both tied up for this, the officials are much of a muchness in the country. Can Leinster refs do Munster games? Sean Stack will hopefully get a few games this year.

Its the likes of Shane Brophy who’ll have a meltdown.

Alan Kelly is another beaut. Is he gone off the list?