Waterford Hurling (now incorporating intermediate football) 2013 and subsequent years

Senior,Intermediate, Junior A and Junior B.

The intermediates lost to Ballysaggart by 1 point in the 2020 county final.

There’s some very good hurlers amongst the 9 listed on the Waterford U20 panel who are not on the senior panel of 36 in Ballygunner in the upcoming year. They’d probably be starters on just about every other senior club in the county. There’s a serious lack of opportunity for promising hurlers coming out of underage grades.

They’re a very well run club who have a major advantage of having the clannishness (in the upper echelons) and mindset of a rural club (which they were until 20 years ago) but yet tapping into the numbers of an urban super club. They also get most of the well heeled in Waterford so there’s always plenty of money and fund raising sloshing around.

3 Likes

Slap in the pus for Ozzie. Cahill takes no shit at all.

Gleeson is expendable. It’s as simple as that.

1 Like

He’s a quad injury apparently

The Ballygunner Senior environment is absolutely ruthless. More intense than a lot of Inter County set ups.

After they beat Loughmore before Christmas they were given a few days grace to enjoy themselves. A couple of young subs took the piss and were dropped. Only 27 players togged out for the rest of the Championship.

How many quad injuries have they had in the last 12 months?

Barron last year and this year, Prunty last year, Iarlaith Daly this year and now Austin.

Did that give you a semi or a full horn?

1 Like

If Waterford can’t bate that Tipp team it’s all equal. Young fellas in the backs and a load of midfielders in the forwards. It’s only when I saw it on paper there. A bad side.

Clareman Peter Casey

I am surprised he is on the bench. Don’t think he trained during the week.

He shouldn’t be on the bench so no?

He has been dropped, don’t listen to these fuckers.

A half fit Aussie has to be close to starting

Tipp will win on Sunday.

I think so, after seeing their team released

Fancied a draw all week. Next Saturday night will tell a lot in my view.

You’d be a fool not to have a half fit Aussie there even if you needed him