Waterford Hurling (now incorporating intermediate football) 2013 and subsequent years

Massive loss. He should have been taken off straight away and not allowed keep playing last weekend.

1 Like

Given the remaining fixtures, Waterford by no means guaranteed to finish in top 3 either.
As I said before, probably a bigger loss for them than Cian is for Limerick

1 Like

Waterford are fucked.

Not fucked but taking on water

They’re lucky to have the lad from An Slua Muirí in the back room team. He’ll show them how to bale at least.

Lookit, very few will come through the round robin championship without taking hits ie injuries and suspensions. That’s when a strong panel is needed

2 Likes

We unfortunately had to get on without him last year. We wil do the same this year.

2 Likes

I see the Waterford footballers were beaten by 8 points by Tipperary. When did Waterford last win in the Munster Football Championship?

The father was at it. I’d say he’s been to Fraher Field 3 times in the last 50 years. Once as his last game for Tipp. He said tipp were good but will have it all to do to beat Limerick.

5 Likes

I’d imagine Clare beating Cork is not a bad result for beleaguered Waterford. @iron_mike will probably be along presently though to outline the negative consequences of it all for Waterford and how much trouble they’re now in.

1 Like

If Waterford are unable to beat that, they deserve to be in trouble

A dismal campaign for Waterford. Bar 7-8 minutes after half time against Tipperary and first 15 minutes against Limerick, they’ve been largely atrocious over the 3 matches.

One thing that’s really struck me is how leggy and off the pace they’ve been across the 3 matches. They look like a Davy Fitz team that’s peaked in January/February.

Waterford may get Derek back for next year. This year is done.

1 Like

I’d agree with that. I’d say we did too much too soon to win the league. Then again some of our better hurlers, like Stephen Bennett are winter hurlers.

We need a free taker.

We are out after todays abject display.

I said before if we couldn’t beat Cork at home we had no business in the championship.

2 Likes

A fella who can hit a free inside his own 45 let alone theirs.

2 Likes

As regards the permutation side of things, Waterford probably now have every chance of winning in Ennis next Sunday as Clare are safely into the Munster Final. Clare will hardly be that arsed.

Tipperary are not completely out of it now, so do they have a cut at Cork? I’d expect Cork to win though.

Bottom line, Waterford have no business advancing after what they’ve served up in their first 3 matches. As has been said, it all came down to beating (or even drawing with) Cork today. Cork were a different beast today, but Waterford were reactive from first whistle today and second to just about everything.

Tipperary need to beat Cork by seven points to move ahead of Cork on scoring difference. But realistically they would need to win by a lot more than that, because they would also have to overtake Waterford, who are currently 14 ahead of them on scoring difference.

Tipp can theoretically qualify but it’s the longest of long shots. You’d expect a confident Cork team to do the needful.

The Cork support were very confident in Walsh Park by the final whistle today.

They’re back and they’ll take some stopping now.