Waterford Hurling (now incorporating intermediate football) 2013 and subsequent years

Lord aboveā€¦.

2 Likes

Still have to beat Clare, the new second best team in Ireland.

1 Like

I think the last 20 minutes v Limerick may well have sucked a bit of the life and confidence out of Waterford. They got two goals to bring them right back in it yet never laid a glove on them down the stretch. I wonder did it affect them mentally as they certainly looked well below what we expected yesterday.

Well in the first two weeks after that game they were still doing a load of heavy training. At this stage I thought they might be doing just enough to keep ticking over but I was told they were still invested in a heavy schedule of work. Maybe that told. But itā€™s only all excuses at this stage, training, tight pitch, 3 weeks between games etc etc. Cork won fair and square and with a bit to spare.

Waterford need to lose to Clare to incentivise Tipp to beat Cork to qualify. But not by too much.

2 Likes

Are both games on at the same time?

Yes, 4pm Sunday. The Leinster matches are on at 6pm Saturday.

I think thereā€™s a decent chance tipp will beat cork.

:grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

What a joke of a format.

Waterford cannot build up a big early lead against Clare without effectively knocking themselves out of the championship. :rofl:

1 Like

:weary:
Although Iā€™d take a performance never mind a win at this stage.

Thinly veiled I am going on holiday at the weekend.
Have being looking for bars that might be showing the game on Sunday. So flattened today that I canā€™t be bothered at the minute.

If one or two under perform it goes on the players.
If the whole team under performs the coaching ticket needs to look at themselves.

1 Like

In fact we donā€™t. Itā€™s not a must win game at all. Itā€™s surreal. We could draw or lose and go through. Or we could win and not go through.

1 Like

The last thing Waterford need to do is win :grinning:

Would Cork not have them on head to head if they lose?

Not if cork lose too

3 teams on 2 points if Tipp win and Waterford will have the best score difference so long as they dont get hammered

1 Like

Congrats Liam

2 Likes

As is the new way in the GAA, the matches been specially timed to stop people watching them.

1 Like

Mount Sion beat Ballygunner in the u-15 Feile tonight. Proud night for the coaches.

5 Likes