Waterford Hurling (now incorporating intermediate football) 2013 and subsequent years

Does Colm Bonnar help with Dunhill at all or have any family involvement?

The great John Quinn of EO retired him in a Munster Junior B Club game around 7 years ago.

The game in Kileedy ended in a draw after around 8 minutes injury time. cc @Copper_pipe

Quinn was on fire that Season

1 Like

I’d say they will have to pick a neutral venue in Munster.

The ideal spot would be Kilkenny. But that won’t be sanctioned by the Munster council I feel.

1 Like

Yeah and Kilkenny is a cracking stadium to boot. 26k capacity which is ideal for round robin.

And a handy train journey up from Waterford too. Ideal for us.

1 Like

I think they engineer a draw in that most years

An absolute joke of a tournament.

Charging 20 euro admission, flogging lotto tickets, shaking buckets, making sure everyone goes to the pub after for the MOTM announcement, not announcing MOTM until everyone has at least two rounds of drinks bought, engineering every second game to be a draw and then bringing it to a replay etc etc

2 Likes

Ah it’s great stuff tbf

It is a great novelty but a total joke really in terms of corruption like Clubs playing seniors/under 17’s etc

It’s Junior B craic & pints etc.

Serious stuff is done once Co finals are won

Plan is to still play in Walsh Park. Redevelopment is happening in 3 phases. 1st phase is an uncovered stand on the bank running parallel to the pitch, repairing the roof on the existing stand and widen the playing surface by a few meters. Hoping to have it completed by end of March.

1 Like

It’s a fine pub but the scam nature of it leaves a sour taste.

1 Like

Pipe down pal about my beloved Killeedy

Just the 22 points separated Portlaw and Ballygunners intermediates today. DJ Foran carried the game to Ballygunner who have an embarrassment of riches. Tough on the small country clubs.

Portlaw were senior only 2-3 years ago. It’s a shambles.

How are they after going back so far? They won a county intermediate football last year so maybe its hard with limited numbers to do both.

Went out to Butlerstown to have a look at the Ballygunner Thirds v Mount Sion Seconds in the Eastern Junior A Semi Final. A 2-15 to 1-13 win for Ballygunner. The treble is very much still on.

They are not getting all their own way though. Their junior B team were beaten on penalties last night by Dunhill.

Ballygunner were a lot more comfortable than 5 points tonight. They got a goal inside 30 seconds, were never lead and never looked in danger. Mount Sion beat them by 7 or 8 in Junior A last year.

Junior B match was on in Kill last night. Seemingly it was practically dark by the time of the penalty shoot out.