Waterford Hurling (now incorporating intermediate football) 2013 and subsequent years

The Waterford lads must have magnets instead of clips on the straps of their helmets. They can’t keep them on

any sign of a decent underage crop coming from waterford?

you had the underage team of hartley, brown, flynn etc and then the Austin Gleeson brigade

anything of the sorts of that coming?

Possibly not I’d say.

I am aware of that stat

below under 17, any green shoots?

No idea.

The Tony Forristal is uncompetitive but I haven’t heard of them winning anything.

Getting the dungarvan schools to join up in the Harty would be a big help but Munster schools against it.

Black water have gone back also.

Derek did one year of round robin and was gone
Patsy did one year of round robin and was gone
Cahill did one year of round robin and was gone.
Davy currently matching their records

1 Like

Keeping our powder dry.

1 Like

No inter county manager from a Top 9 County who hasn’t made it out of the round robin has survived.

Bonner and Mattie Kenny last year.
Moloney/O’Connor and Micheal Donoghoe in 2019.
Mick Ryan and Gilroy in 2018.

The format means a lot of managerial change is likely.

If the round robin was there in 2017, the likelihood is Limerick would have lost all 4 games. The whole thing probably would have turned to shit and Kiely/Kinnerk would have been out on their ears. Instead they got out with two relatively respectable defeats in the old format and were given another crack at it. Fate is a weird thing.

You make your own luck too though mate. Hard work is very rarely not rewarded in every walk of life.

Timing is key too though in hurling terms of aligning a quality group of players that Waterford undoubtedly have with a process to get the best out of them.

I actually think and do hope Davy gets another kick out of them now and they do themselves justice to themselves in the next two round robin games. Waterford are far better than they showed yesterday in PuC.

Waterford shouldnt fear Clare or Tipp at all and they won’t. I can see them surprising one of those teams at least on a given day.

Davy out. Tonight.

5 Likes

Depart, I say, and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go.

17 Likes

who was the fathead lackey he had with him tonight, showing him post it notes?

2 Likes

Let’s see what masterplan Pat Flynn has up his sleeve now.

That’s Bomber Hickey. Achievements < 0.

1 Like

Join Leinster

2 Likes

@ChairmanDan nailed this as far back as last August (post 3802).
You’d feel for the Waterford supporters as much as you’d wonder who sanctions these appointments.

Here’s a lad might help….

Fuck it he has to go.