Waterford Hurling (now incorporating intermediate football) 2013 and subsequent years

Dungarvan.

1 Like

Dungaravn pitch is a lovely setting too.must be a right buzz up through ballybricken when a big game in Walsh park also.I was travelling around a few places over the summer .castlebar looks like a cracking place for a big game . A whole host of pubs in town and then the pitch right on edge.

I just had a look at buffs story from yesterday & I was about to say it. Does Dan not retire every year? I swear I read the same thing at the end of every championship & then he appears again.

Clonea pick must be small? Surrounded by Portlaw & Kilmacthomas?

Mark Fitzgerald went off to San Francisco straight after Waterford finished off their championship campaign in May. He’s back a few weeks. I bumped into the father a few weeks back and he was saying then that he was just back. Think he started the two group matches on the bench.

Eamonn Kennedy is over Passage this year. A very difficult year for him.

Very modest to take the 30 jersey

Former KK centre back?

The very man.

Was he Dunnamaggin?

If I’m not mistaken The man that was hung out to dry by Cody for the loss agin Galway when Greg Kennedy roughed up shefflin? Don’t think he ever played again for Kilkenny

He was the fella Broderick threw the ball over.

2 Likes

The very man. Think he did a few years with one of the Carrick clubs as well?

1 Like

That was Philly Larkin I thought. Kennedy was around the scene alright. Wouldn’t have thought he was a potential manager

Edit:Mea culpa. Ran around Larkin and put it over Kennedy’s head

You’d have Ballydurn up that direction as well. Rathgormack footballers would mainly hurl with Clonea.

Clonea lost out 4-9 to 0-16 to Ballygunner in the Eastern Junior A quarter final as well today.

They’d have a decent pick. It’s Clonae for the hurling and Rathgormack for the football. It would be a huge parish albeit much of it is mountains.

They have two football titles in recent years and probably have underachieved slightly on the hurling front.

I wasn’t sure tbh.

Yeah geographically they touch up near Clonmel, Carrick, Kilsheehan & down to Portlaw.

Massive area

Roanmore and MS must be the two closest GAA clubs in the country. What is it like a 2 minute drive

Da La Salle also very close.

It wouldn’t be a two minute walk.

Before De La Salle moved out to Gracedieu their base was next door to Roanmore. They still keep a pitch there.

Faughs and St Judes in Dublin.

3 Likes