Waterford Hurling (now incorporating intermediate football) 2013 and subsequent years

They’ll do better than Davy anyway. Absent getting the ballygunnar team in it was the obvious appointment.

Two ex Tipp men involved :grimacing:

He sure is. A lucrative career as a WLR pundit could be in jeopardy. In fairness there was nothing really too bad about the game until that eruption. It’s brewing for a while now in the U15 grade as they’re two very strong teams. It’s more driven from the sideline than the players too.

Supposedly a spill over from a meeting they had in the feile a few weeks back.
If true, there are some sad cases involved that need to be removed.

Was it Frampton he’s floored?

Looked like him. Big Andy looks to be in the middle of it too.

If it lights a fire in the Ballygunner v Mount Sion rivalry it might not be the worst thing.

From the footage, its all the adults fault.

One of my friends young lads was playing in it. He tells me it was worse than what the videos show.

1 Like

No it was the father of one of the BG players. Not Frampton.

1 Like

The cameraman was poor to be fair.

He was, he missed his big opportunity. Probably trying to take off his coat at the same time.

1 Like

Looks like Richie Crowley, who’d be the father of one of the Ballygunner players.

Aaa

Grim fucking viewing.

It was brewing since the Feile. Mount Sion lost out by a point in both the group stage meeting and the final. Seemingly it was only the three Saviours imports who stayed out on the pitch for the presentation. Rest of the Mount Sion delegation walked off.

Is this @Fagan_ODowd 's lot? Not surprised at all.

Was Willie Maher involved with Derek before? He left after 1 season.
Fintan was involved with McGrath too at some stage. Not sure if there was an overlap with all 3 in the same set up.

Correct x 2, if memory serves.

WM was there for 2014, DMcG’s first season.

FO’C replaced WM and was there 2015-16, I think.

1 Like

Correct - FOC left after 2016 and was replaced by a Roanmore man Phlip Murphy for 2017 who then left half way through 2017 and Fergal Hartley/Molumphy came in for the remainder of that season.

Dan Shanahan was the one constant thoughout Derek’s initial term and has worked with William Maher in Bennettsbridge and Laois? so you’d think he could be involved again.

Think Brother Philip was involved in 2014 with Derek but left too.

2 Likes

Thanks very much. You have some memory, God bless it…

Its not half as good as it was I’m afraid.

1 Like

Unfortunately for those involved there seems to have been a camera man with a lot steadier hand there. It doesn’t look good for a lot of the adults involved.