Waterford Hurling (now incorporating intermediate football) 2013 and subsequent years

I wouldnā€™t have a clue to be honest.

Same style top so

Woodwork/Construction Studies Teachers wouldā€™ve been Checkered Shirt and Jeans w/ brown shoes obviously

Nearly every other Male teacher was decent shirt and trousers

Only suit wouldā€™ve been older Maths teacher

Of course on All-Ireland final weekend the Cork teachers would wear their Cork jersey when they were in it, to mild banterā€¦ same for other counties etc

Without Dessie or Patrick Fitzgerald and a few more Ballygunner eased themselves into the championship with a 5-22 to 2-08 win over Dungarvan.

Did I hear that Patrick Fitzgerald is facing a long lay off?

Got a clipping on a night out I heard. Broken jaw.

1 Like

Broken jaw.

Out for a fair while.

Saw about 15 minutes of that tonight and BG were good. Aaron Oā€™Neill who captained the Waterford u20ā€™s this season looks a good player and will surely unseat Shane Oā€™Sullivan at wing back.

Sully was sitting this one out?

Yes and there was no sign of Philip Mahony either from what i saw.

Oā€™Neill is good though and will surely need to be accommodated somewhere.

Some Tobin lad scored a couple of goals. Who is he?

Conor Tobin id sayā€¦heā€™s around 18 hes been on Waterford underage teams last couple of Yearsā€¦heā€™s a coloured chapā€¦lightening quick.

ā€œcolouredā€ā€¦? Is this 1950s Louisiana?

2 Likes

Ballysaggart 5-23
Ballygunner 2-18
Premier Intermediate HC.

1 Like

Heā€™s blackā€¦I was afraid if I said that Iā€™d have some flake like you on my caseā€¦the world is fucked itā€™s full of dicks like you now :roll_eyes:

Have you ever seen him playā€¦you probably havenā€™tā€¦keyboard man.

Saw him play a few times at Minor and U-20. Looked better off the bench for the U-20s against Cork than some of the lads who started.

Unfortunately he will get dogs abuse from the lads in the terraces when he plays senior.

Not from me or you he wonā€™tā€¦heā€™s a quick chap he has a chance of making it.

Brilliant goal from Austin Gleeson from a 21 to beat De La Salle. Unstoppable.

Mount Sion 2-17
De La Salle 2-16.

Mount Sions second game in the round robin resulted in a dramatic one point win over city rivals De La Salle.
De La Salle lined out as selected. There were three late changes to the Mount Sion team due to injury, Owen Whelan, Luke Oā€™Brien and Tommy McGrath dropping out.
Mount Sion started the scoring with an Alan Kirwan point before Reuben Oā€™Halloran replied with an excellent goal. Points were traded before John Kennedy got Mount Sions first goal. Mount Sions scores were mainly coming from Austin Gleeson frees. Then he blazed a tap over wide and a minute later landed a monster point from the sideline in his own half. At half time Mount Sion led 1-11 to 1-9 having played with a good breeze.
De La Salle started the second half in a whirlwind and scored 6 unanswered points in the first nine minutes. It looked bleak for Mount Sion. However De La Salle took their foot off the pedal. Fifteen minute minutes into the half Mount Sion got their first score, an Austin Gleeson side line. In the 54th minute, with the score at 1-16 to 1-14 the increasingly prominent Adam Regan won a free 25 yards out to the right of the goal. Gleeson stepped up and buried the ball past the five defenders on the line. Two minutes later Regan won another free in the identical spot. Gleeson stepped up again, went for goal again but the strike wasnā€™t as true as the previous one and the ball was saved. The ball was cleared down the field and De La Salle softened Mount Sions cough with a Tonto Douglas goal. 2-16 to 2-14. Mount Sion brought on Owen Whelan, De La Salle brought on Kevin Moran. A Whelan point brought it back to 2-16 to 2-15 and then Gleeson pointed a 100 yard free (for overcarrying) and as we tipped into the 2 minutes of added time it was level. Reuben Oā€™Halloran drove a 65 wide and from the next play Donal Power sent over a point to put Mount Sion ahead again. He gave Jake Dillon a good dunt on the way back to his position and the referee used up a good minute of the allotted two identifying and yellow carding the culprit with the result that as soon as Mikey Daykin of Mount Sion had won the De La Salle puckout, the final whistle blew and Mount Sion had topped the group.

An enjoyable game but neither side should trouble Ballygunner.

6 Likes

How did Martin Oā€™Neill hurl? He was a lad I had a lot of time for at underage and the early days of Derekā€™s reign but seemed to drift away quick enough, grand stylish hurler if probably lacking a bit of size/speec

Martin or Martin Fish?