Waterford Hurling (now incorporating intermediate football) 2013 and subsequent years

Bit one sided is he?

Which lad played for Waterford a decade ago?

Martin. He played centre back tonight and had a grand game.

1 Like

A few heavy suspensions handed out for the Ballygunner v Mount Sion U15 shenanigans.

Yeah seems to be alright.
Both clubs fined 4K each. Handy money to bring in for a skint county board.

@Fagan_ODowd will have to cash in a bitcoin to bale out the club.

We’ll have to charge JP for the use of the field to land his helicopter next year.

1 Like

Who got suspended?

Brian Flannery seemingly got 96 weeks.

Seems to be the longest one. Someone got 36 weeks and another lad got 3 months. I heard somebody got 48 weeks.

No doubt there will be a spate of appeals.

Thanks very much.

That element was coming.

In all fairness if you get involved in a fight at a children’s match you deserve what’s coming to you.

8 Likes

Interview witth Pauric Mahony afterwards on clubber.

‘I know the scoreline doesn’t suggest it but still plenty to work on & our hurling can sharpen up a bit’ :sweat_smile:

Looked alright to me

Dungarvan are gone back a tonne.

Does anyone know whether Michael Harney & Ciaran Kirwan will be eligible to play the knockout stages for Clonaepower?

Harney (who is from bummahon) was with Dunhill last year but has jumped ship when they got relegated.
Kirwan is Kill I think but has not got his sanction through this year despite playing with Clonae before, it’s like a story of musical chairs around mid Waterford with all of them small clubs and gentleman’s agreements that happen every year.

Supposedly before their first group game Dungarvan gave a walk over in junior B or C as they needed a couple of those players for the senior panel.

It wasn’t that long ago they were challenging at senior behind Ballygunnar but they’re not doing as at underage, they wouldn’t have the same numbers as Abbeyside on the other side of the bridge whilst the Brickeys and Colligan also encroach on the town. Still should be better than that.

De La Salle 1-16
Passage 0-18

Tallow 0-10
Roanmore 2-30.

Surely Tallows time has come.

There’s so many dud teams in the senior division that they might hang on. They could easily beat Ferrybank or Clonea in a relegation playoff.

They’ll probably beat Ferrybank but not a hope against Clonea, Clonea are quite good, as good as any of the chasing pack, senior should be reduced to 10 clubs

1 Like

Should probably be reduced to 8 teams at this stage. Two groups of 4, winner of each to a semi, 2nd and 3rd quarter and bottom relegation.
Current system is farcical, absolutely no jeopardy. Three rounds and we still have all 12 teams involved.