Waterford Hurling (now incorporating intermediate football) 2013 and subsequent years

Thereā€™s no promotion this year though?

In fairness that wasnt his fault, heā€™s simply just not even related to a hurler

Promotion to what?

Was 1967 the last time the All Ireland Hurling Champions visited Walsh Park for a Munster Championship match? On that occasion the visitors departed without their Munster and All Ireland titles.

2 Likes

I look forward to having a pint with @Fagan_ODowd and @anon70480284

1 Like

I was there in 1996, the last Munster championship game played there v Tipp the day Ken McGrath made his debut

2 Likes

3 Likes

Derek there no 19.

1 Like

The growler at 10 .

The programme cover is from the previous year, the day of the brawl in PUIC

Dan Shanahan is there at 23 as well lads, in case anyone is having trouble reading pictures.

7 Likes

Tipp gave them an awful beating the year before. In 96, when the draw was made, Tipp had Waterford and Kerry on their side and, such was the low standing of Waterford then, most Tipp lads were essentially already planning for a Munster final

THE Derek McGrath

Such a clever little fellow

Dan must have been very young in 96

In 1995 Waterford were hopeful of beating Tipp . They had a decent league walloping Galway in Q/f but losing to Clare in semi after an Eamon Taaffe Tour de France . The general feeling was Tipp were in transition .

In 96 I think Chipp only bate em by 3 points Gerald McCarthy took over after that

Tipperary lost to Limerick in the 1995 Munster semi final. It was 1993 that Tipperary faced Kerry in Munster semi final after Kerry disposed of Waterford.

Tipp played Kerry in 96 in Tralee too.

I still say their 1st half display v Lk in 2001 was amazing under Gerald . How they lost was terrible for them . Their defence wasnā€™t good .