Waterford Hurling (now incorporating intermediate football) 2013 and subsequent years

No cameras there either if i remember correctly. That team was a joy to behold in full flight. Flynn, Mullane, Big Dan, Eoin Kelly Ken McGrath Tony Browne and Brick all had a touch of magic about them. Some amount of stars on the one team. Pity the full back line was stink.

1 Like

Clement Smith did wreck on John Mullane.

1 Like

No that was 2003 in Thurles another cracker think it finished 4-13 each. Shaughs made his debut that day and leaving very student Pat Kirby came off the bench

3 Likes

It was 2003 there was no camera . Drawn game v Lk ; 4.13 a piece .

1 Like

He did but JM pulled a hammer to go off .

Mark Foley scored a penalty in the first half but inexplicably didn’t take one in the second half I think we sixteenths off the rebound though

Fond memories of making the centre of a big blow up picture in the Leader of the crowd in the terrace that day… the replay was horrendous.

Fergal Hartley was a lovely hurler as well

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LvAdrw43NA

Highlights of the 2001 game. Mullane was a fucking whippet.

1 Like

It was very poor . The 2009 drawn game was awful too .

Septic.

It pissed rain if I remember correctly!

1 Like

Think those games were best remembered for Brian Geary’s shoulder.

He up-ended Seamus Prendergast lovely in the first game and nearly man-slaughtered Molumphy in the replay.

1 Like

I was there in 2003 the last Munster championship game played there v Kerry. Not as glamorous as the Tipp game but still an outing.

Nothing new there then.

AI Hurling Final 2019 - Cork beat Waterford in thrilling Final - 3 -18 to 4 -14

I wonder was Derek embarrassed there yesterday watching Waterford rack up 31 scores in an attacking master class ?

3 Likes

We might hear tonight if he’s on the Sunday Game or whatever it’s called

Ye’re looking fairly sharp alright.

We are poor enough at the back.