Waterford Hurling (now incorporating intermediate football) 2013 and subsequent years

Wish I’d looked at both teams before I put Waterford in my accumulator

Waterford team to face Tipperary on Sunday

1. Stephen O’Keeffe
  2. Callum Lyons
  3. Conor Prunty
  4. Noel Connors
  5. Philip Mahony
  6. Tadhg de Burca
  7. Kevin Moran
  8. Jamie Barron
  9. Conor Gleeson
  10. Tommy Ryan
  11. Austin Gleeson
  12. Pauric Mahony
  13. Jack Prendergast
  14. Patrick Curran
  15. Stephen Bennett

That’s a far better team - good that Kearney, Hogan and McNulty are dropped

A lot of pace on the wings in attack . I would love to see Curran do well .

2 Likes

I would too he has loads of ability

Big chance for him now on Sunday. Derek McGrath never seemed to have much confidence or faith in him.

Fabulous hands . I often think a deep 11 might suit his type .

About time Ryan got a start. Always does well when he comes on.

It does look better, but still, if there is as little structure to the puckouts as the last day, that forward line will struggle to win ball.

1 Like

Smashing hurler

The only player ever to win MOTM in All Ireland minor, Colleges and under 21 finals?

2 Likes

Curran and Bennett were a super combination in the full forward line underage.

Pity he lacks a yard of pace .

No Shane Bennett. He was very poor last Sunday and has looked a bit off generally since returning from his year out.

Shane Fives injured again?? Thought he’d be nailed on to start. Certainly a better balance to the team. I assume Mahony will be centre forward and try and disrupt Maher by drifting across the line.

We won’t win a single puck out with that team.

You’d hope we’ll have some kind of puck out plan devised that doesn’t involve landing it down on top of the Tipp half back line.

Wouldn’t bet on it.

I saw Stephen O’Keeffe in The 51 at lunchtime. He ordered his lunch and paid for it in a very understated manner.

2 Likes

He didn’t get his lunch delivered to him at work for free?! No wonder Waterford can’t win an All Ireland