Waterford Hurling (now incorporating intermediate football) 2013 and subsequent years

You’ll be a long way from Tully’s if you park down near the WIT.

1 Like

Where would you recommend ?

The Mount Sion Centre will be the most lively spot and you’ll only be five minutes walk from the ground.

1 Like

noriss’s is close enough to the field.

You’re driving mate

I can sip on a shandy or two pre -game, pal.

Be careful or you could be defrosting on a trolley in the hall of Waterford hospital

Mt Sion centre or try the lantern on the upper yellow road, both only a stones throw from Walsh Park. Or else try Norris’s or there’s a few pubs on Barrack St

Is the Yellow House just before Ballybeg still going? Christ, that was a tough spot back in the day.

I’ll head to Kitty Kiernan’s on Barrack Street, a noble establishment and a great pint.

4 Likes

No the Yellow House is long closed

You could head out to Tramore for a pint with @Fagan_ODowd

Dunmore

1 Like

Dunmore East? That’s where my folks got married mate. Lovely spot

That’s my terrain bucko

1 Like

Think their reception was in the Haven :laughing:

Criminally I’ve never had a pint in Mount Sion. Played a few challenges there underage (when I was plying my trade at adult level Abbeyside were a bit below the standard to even get in the gate). I think I may rectify this on Sunday. I believe our current chairman is on the wall there somewhere.

Who is your current chairman, Fred Forsey?

3 Likes

The Haven is still doing weddings.

Jaysus I’m not sure where Fred is at these days. Never a big GAA family, so kind of surprising the associations he made. Mike Briggs is the current man in situ. From down that neck of the woods, was involved in 83. Or so the rumour goes.

1 Like

Briggsie would be held in high regard alright. Freddie is in Passage East these days