Waterford Hurling (now incorporating intermediate football) 2013 and subsequent years

This will be the first decade since we were founded that we havenā€™t won a senior championship.

No chance of winning this year?

Zero.

Look to have some nice hurlers but ballygunner impossible to beat Iā€™d imagine.

Having seen all the 1/4 final match up this weekend Ballygunner are a long way ahead of the rest.
They did what they wanted v Passage despite being without for or 5 players.

Lismore were very average. My first time seeing them this year and I was told they would have too much for Mount Sion. Not the case at all. Sion were very good and were comfortable winners.

DLS nearly let it slip against Roanmore. Despite controlling most of the game they squandered a lot of chances and possession. Roanmore scores a fluke goal with 4 mins of normal time left to go a point up. Fair play to DLS they scored 1-4 without reply to ease home.

Dungarvan and Abbeyside made for a thrilling finish last night. The last 4 goals were all scored in about a 6 minute spell at the end. Great craic for the neutral.

Would dungarvan v abbeyside be a bitter rivalry ?

How did Patrick Curran do ?

I donā€™t think itā€™s bitter but they are neighbors so it would be feisty enough.
He was only ok. There was others on show for both teams, Donnelly, Crotty for Dungarvan and Montgomery for Abbeyside who showed up better than him imo.
He has lovely skill and touch and scored a couple of nice points. But he wasted a few going for very low percentage efforts.

1 Like

Any truth n the rumour that Ciaran Carey is in the running for manager? @Fagan_ODowd

I hope fucking not

If any of you have time, look up the Deisebnn page on face book and the draw they did for the U13 Hurling.

Itā€™s brilliant.

Heard disappointing injury news concerning Tadhg De Burca last night.

Looks like 2020 will be another write off for the Deise

He went off injured at the weekend I heard?

Cork Examiner reporting he did the cruciate.

He could be back by next May/June if thatā€™s the case

Correction, itā€™s actually up on the RTE website.

Tough to build a team when your defensive lynchpin is missing all during the league.

Any word on the new gaffer?

A loose man play the ball merchant, terrible man marker.

All those years playing sweeper and not having to mark anyone sucked the defensive instincts out of him.

He was renowned as a man marker in his Harty Cup days

I havenā€™t heard a thing other than Queally but I canā€™t see him getting it

His reading of the game and his distribution were way off this year too. He was only coming back from a serious shoulder injury as well so that wonā€™t have helped him.