Waterford Hurling (now incorporating intermediate football) 2013 and subsequent years

Waterford are in a good position, in that they have a core of lads from mid twenties (2013 Minors/2016 U21s) to early twenties. This cohort should give Waterford a good chance of being a top four team for next five years. Lyons and Prunty look better than solid. If a back gets injured, CG could go back from midfield.

I think Waterford, starting in a weekā€™s time, will probably get a five year window to win an Ireland. Unlike CiarĆ”n Carey, I do not see Limerick winning five in a row. So there will be at least a couple of seasons, even if Limerick win three of the next six titles, where a springer can come through.

1 Like

Interesting analysis here of the jump in scoring rates for / against Waterford across the last 4 managers. Theyā€™re a dangerous team and if they score 29 points against KK, they could very well be in the final.

The heads on the two boys. :grinning::grinning:

The state of Verney

Signing in.

1 Like

Nostradamus

1 Like

Deary me,

1 Like

:smile:

No, heā€™s disruptive like Connors and Mahony thatā€™s why Cahill culled them. They were given 10 years to do something in the jersey, didnā€™t win an AI, time to give the next crop their chance.

:smile:

Wise wise words

3 Likes

Christ that looks bad now but I think I did say once the Winter Championship was announced it would suit them.

Tadhg De Burca was set to miss the summer championship with the cruciate and Iā€™m not sure theyā€™d have qualified from a Munster Round robin had it gone ahead.

If you ever give an opinion on something yourself you might find you get a few wrong

3 Likes

Take the bloody nose and move on

College are backing the Deise. Shocking omission of TDB and Conor Gleeson though.

TDB was a Belfield blue was he not ???

He played for College for his undergrad circa 2015/16 before moving to become a Belfield blue for a teaching masters in 2017/18.

Supposedly we are going with the same team that started last week.
Surprised and very happy that Jack Prendergast is passed fit it that is the case. He looked in trouble with that injury which forced him off last week. Shane Fives also trained during the week.
Only Mahony and Darragh Fives remain out long term with injury.

Iā€™ve lit candles for ye, mate. Ye are in my thoughts & prayers too

1 Like

If they give the same commitment and level of performance as they have done all year it will take us close.