Waterford v Kilkenny 2017

Yea. Nowlan Park would be a great venue for that game.

Although you wouldn’t get many locals.

Last year these reciprocal fixtures as a double bill drew a small crowd to Thurles . I think about 18,000 max . Cork x Wex & Lk v CE . Also Lk played Cork in football qualifier .

No but I doubt if you’d get that many locals if you played it in Portlaoise either.

KK v Waterford in Thurles so and Dublin Tipp in Portlaoise. They should try mixing it up a bit for Dublin Tipp, play it in Carlow or something.

Yeah but think about it. No disrespect to the other three teams but Clare were the only ones fancied to trouble any of the big fish regardless of who got through.
Waterford v Kilkenny could draw upward of 25k. Ypu might get 10k for Tipp Dublin bur that would even be pushing it.

Carlow are playing Leitrim at home next Saturday

Waterford-Kilkenny would be a lovely Wexford Park curtain raiser to Wexford-Monaghan next Saturday.

1 Like

Wexford would be a lovely venue for it.

That is an excellent suggestion. I suppose it’s all down to TV coverage as well though.

They could move that to Bagenalstown or something

5 Likes

I’d play it in pearse stadium for the laugh.

The polo grounds would be novel as well

There’d be breakfast rolls spat out across the south East.

They may aswell play the entire AI series in Thurles this year.

Thurles is a great venue but you’d be sick to death of It. KK was a real novelty at the weekend. Nice to be beaten somewhere different. Freshens the misery up

10 Likes

A lot to lose for both teams. More to gain for Waterford. A chance to put the bullet in the Cody era.

+1. I can’t wait to go to the new Pairc either for a change

And so it begins again.

If we can’t beat that Kilkenny team we are at nothing and deserve to be out of the championship.

9 Likes