Waterford v Kilkenny 2017

I really think a defeat for Waterford here could knock them back a couple of years.
They have come so close in recent years and every time it seems to be Kilkenny putting a stop to their gallop.
They have another chance now to finally get the monkey off their back. But to be honest, it’s more about getting themselves mentally prepared for it more then anything.

A lot of talk here about finally putting an end to the “Cody era” Kilkenny have absolutely nothing to lose on Saturday. They have been written off by a lot of their own as well. A defeat for Waterford is more damaging for Waterford then it is for Kilkenny.
Waterford know that. Cody knows that.
His “era” is far from over

1 Like

I agree wholeheartedly that a loss for Waterford is more damaging to them than the team who beats them.

1 Like

Don’t be such a smart arse. You know what I mean

I don’t think so. McGrath’s tenure looks to be ailing badly and a defeat would just confirm it. While of course it would be sickening for Waterford to lose to Kilkenny again, they have a lot of young talent to turn to in building for the future. Kilkenny have very little to turn to and they would be facing into the next season with no real chance of winning an All-Ireland. That’s not something they’ve experienced in the last 20 years.

Sorry, mate. We’ve been getting on much better on the INTERNET lately too.

1 Like

Ah no I agree. I’d hate for anyone to think we’ve become e pals

I’m quite happy with the draw, a Saturday evening match in Thurles is always something to look forward to. If we have anything at all left about us, the likes of Richie Hogan and Colin Fennelly will give us huge games against Waterford. It’s not good enough for Colin to be complaining about the shite ball he was getting last Saturday, he needs to be a leader, switch himself out of where he was when it wasn’t working and motivate the lads around him. That’s what I’m expecting from the KK lads this weekend. Joe Lyng I’m hoping did enough in the 2ND half against Limerick to start again and hopefully Michael Fennelly comes out of the match without any flare up. I’d be hopeful we can turn it on this weekend again and get our year back on track.

1 Like

Waterford by 7

But shur ye’re fucked. Everyone says so.

Waterfords to lose with that venue announcement

What venue?

Durlas eile

1 Like

We didn’t say it yet and until we’re walking out of Thurles on Saturday night as losers we’ll have as good a chance as Waterford have of winning this match.

A better chance according to the bookies

I’ve never doubted ye. Twill be great for us Limerick folk to say we were beaten by the AI camps this year. I’d be booking the red cow for next year already

We’ve played KK 9 times since 98. Lost 8 and drew 1. One of the defeats was an AET loss to Kilkenny, when they were in similar shape to where they are now.

Yere due a win in fairness

Is that championship Fagan.
Didn’t ye bate them in 07 the league final?

Championship

1 Like

In trying to remember the 2013 game. Was it Kilkenny or Waterford that put the point over as the ref blew the whistle for the end of ordinary time?