Waterford v Wexford - The battle for armchair supporter moral high ground

The traffic used to be brutal, I often went down through Lismore and Middleton, although the last time Tipp played Clare on a Saturday in Cork I did the dog including a big roasters steak dinner in Charlie Macs.

When I think back now, the slagging Davy Fitz got off the Terraces was fucking savage.

A chant he hated was,
" Ollie Baker fucks your wife, fucks your wife "

Was the way to go if driving alright, into Cahir, over the Vee, Lismore, Midleton and into Cork.

Traffic mattered not a jot when on the bus though, was better the worse it was. :pint::pint:

All fair in love and war

Worse, Newcastle, Cappoquinn, Lismore.

Tip are a great team I tipped ye for Liam in February

Tanks Joe, we’re going to do it.

Barrett back in panel?

Won’t be back this year apparently.

Do what?

Joe, this is getting annoying. I’d say 40% of your posts have been withdrawn. Stop doing this man.

:joy: it’s above

Wexford were training in Páirc Ui Chaoimh tonight. Back in Wexford now courtesy of the chartered plane. :clap:

2 Likes

Davy Fitzgerald has revealed in The Wexford People that Damien Reck and David Dunne are back in full training. Both are more likely to be utilised from the bench due to lack of match practice/sharpness.

Andrew Shore and Andrew Kenny are OUT.

He’s quoted as saying there could be a couple of changes from the Leinster Final (one in defence and one in attack) and Brendan Furlong reckons Eoin Moore and Podge Doran are possibilities here.

Harry Kehoe dropped?

Probably. I think Donohoe, Kehoe and (to a lesser extent) Devereux are vulnerable.

Is that Dever-O or Dever-Ex?

I’d have thought Deveroux would be the one to lose out. He is more of an orthodox defender than Donohoe alright, but with the way Waterford play, we could sacrifice such a player

That’s an interesting angle. I think Donohoe has struggled more over the season in man v man defending but he’s been useful going forward from deep at times. I guess there’s an argument alright that he could be more suited to Waterford than, say, Galway.

I think Wexford have a good chance the next day but we have to make the necessary changes to win this game. Free taking is huge and Conor Mac is a brilliant hurler but not a free taker. Paul Morris and Jack Guiney are freetakers and I’d hope between them they could hit the frees.

I do think Moore will start the next day for Donohoe I’d be happy enough with how Willie Devereux is going. Id make 2 changes in the forward line Redmond for Jacko and Dunbar for kehoe.

Best of luck to the lads and let’s get behind them from the off. Loch Garman Abu!

3 Likes