Waterford v Wexford - The battle for armchair supporter moral high ground

The limerick half back way

Lined out in the Cahill cup against your crowd last weekend. His knee looks to be heavily strapped still so I imagine he is way off the fitness required to face Galway regardless.

1 Like

Fishy fingering?

Certain players are allowed shoot from anywhere they like in that system, some days theyā€™ll all sail over, other days youā€™ll bang over a few cheap annoying wides, but you take the good with the bad.

Chin was quite involved for all the right reasons in the Galway game until he got the bang in the eye. It did bypass him after that though.

This week PM references bumping into an acquaintance who met a Wexford player last week. The Wexford player told PMā€™s acquaintance they wouldnā€™t win last Sunday as theyā€™d nothing left in the tank after Davyā€™s tough winter training regime. Iā€™m already looking forward to next weekā€™s instalment. :clap:

1 Like

And to think there was a time that any old gobshite with an AFR account could digitally converse with the greatest living hurling mind. :brendan:

2 Likes

Have you ever met him? Iā€™d say he considers himself to have one of the greatest minds of his generation.

You donā€™t like him.then?

I had a few conversation a long time back and did him a turn. No.issues

I donā€™t dislike him but he does rate his own intellect highly.

He was a million times more intelligent than us.

1 Like

How did he get into the Examiner? Had it something to do with his contributions to an Internet forum?

1 Like

He must have been talent spotted

ā€˜Poachedā€™ as it were?

fucking hell but he writes some awful drivel. In his quest to sound intelligent and using as many big words as he can to say a simple thing, he makes it almost unreadable. He has points at times. As mentioned here about the forwards lack of impact and as a result the defenders get forward to score. But fuck me he goes some way to say such a simple point.

I think a lot of his shit against it is the mention of his Ballyhale god Shefflin. That straight away set his targets on Fitzgerald. He spoofed on and on last week or the one before about the tactics he used in some club game for Ballyhale as if it was revolutionary.

If he actually saw the point Davy said, instead of playing the man, to use an oft used phrase around here, he would actually agree with him. Davy wants to see proper analysis and proper discussion of hurling. What we get now is bullshit cliches, stupid stories and loads of guffawing.

There is also a serious amount of snobbery, particularly from Kilkenny folk lately, about the sweeper. It is seen as the death of hurling and defensive shite. But you play the hand that is given to you and make the best of it that you can. The fact that Kilkenny are on a downward slope is probably adding fuel to their ire that these shit teams are beating them with the shitty sweeper system. His reference to Cork and Tipp shows he only has any respect for the ā€œbig threeā€. His point about Clare winning in 2013 has fuck all relevance to the piece, but yet he throws it in.

his anecdote about the player who ā€œtrained nearly every day in Januaryā€ is some horseshit too. Like you, I am looking forward to seeing what madeup fanciful story of a friend of his to corroborate his story he has next week.

6 Likes

He is good friends with Enda McEvoy, maybe he passed on his CV?

They can keep him

I wonder will there be much demand for his KK spiel in their upcoming ten year famine?

He had previous columns with the IT .

1 Like

Iā€™d say even more so. Heā€™ll be seething and spitting bile and itā€™ll be even better reading that than some of his shit now. How upset he was because he didnā€™t think Kilkenny got enough credit over the past ten years gives you an indication of how heā€™ll be when they are shit for the next ten.

1 Like